Brainstorming...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
Does adding Vitamin E to CP soap produce any moisturizing qualities in soap, and if so what amount do ya'll use? I'm trying something...
Thanks!

I have tried it and found no discernable difference . It might add label appeal . I have read that some soapers believe the lye monster destroys anything it could bring to your soap .

HTH

Kitn

Hmmm interesting. See...I bought a handmade soap with just the Holy Trifecta :::crosses self:: oils (palm, olive and coconut) in it, and vitamin E. I tried making it without the E, and it was nice but didnt have the same Ooomph as the one I bought. So I was thinking that maybe it was the vitamin E (or the many other things it could be, but the E had me thinking) that made the difference. I know I'll need to play with percentages and SF amounts too, but I really dig this soap. I'm knocking myself out with butters, expensive oils, prayer etc., to get it this good and she uses THREE STINKIN' BASIC OILS!

Thanks for the input, kitn! :D

Edit: I take that back. She has rosemary extract in it too, but that probably isnt a factor.

For years I have kept Vitamin E capsules in my medicine cabinet; wouldn't be without it. When I get a nasty cut or my children were small and got scrapes I would pierce a capsule and squeeze it onto the area then bandage. Just thought it helped in healing. For that very reason and without ever having read much about vitamin E in soaps, I always squeeze a few capsules into the batch when I add my EO's. May just be a mental thing but I tell myself it makes the soap more healing for tired old skin :lol:

I added 1 Tablespoon Vitamin E to some soap last week, but haven't tried the bar yet, of course. The type I used said it contained safflower oil, so it's mostly superfat we're adding.

LJA said:
Hmmm interesting. See...I bought a handmade soap with just the Holy Trifecta :::crosses self:: oils (palm, olive and coconut) in it, and vitamin E. I tried making it without the E, and it was nice but didnt have the same Ooomph as the one I bought. So I was thinking that maybe it was the vitamin E (or the many other things it could be, but the E had me thinking) that made the difference. I know I'll need to play with percentages and SF amounts too, but I really dig this soap. I'm knocking myself out with butters, expensive oils, prayer etc., to get it this good and she uses THREE STINKIN' BASIC OILS!

Thanks for the input, kitn! :D

I hear you , boy do I hear you .

Do you add love :idea: I see that on a lot of website soap descriptions .
I wonder if it could be the superfat , I have been playing with sf's just to see if I can tell the difference in a 5-10-15 %.
She also could have cured the bars a long time.
Trying to figure it out tends to make one ever so crazy sometimes :wink:

Back