Bleeding colors in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlewis17

Reaction score
I just made Hippy soap last night and my colors are weeping or bleeding. I used my same recipe but used oxides from NG. I also used 1 ounce of essential oil for 2 lbs from CG. Can someone please tell me what is causing my soap to be soft and colors running?

I'm sorry you're having problems like this. Maybe if you share your recipe we can see if there is something there. If they are bleeding I am thinking you have used to much pigment, mind you I guess you need to define bleeding now too :? Can you post a picture of the soap so we can see what's happening? I like to add Sodium Lactate to soaps on occasion if it is a soap that is rather soft like my Hemp Oil soap...

Sorry not much help am I.... :|

Lindy,

You were correct I used way too much pigment. My reds and blues were running on my soap. The soap that I didn't color that I left white is fine and also hard. I believe the soap will be ok when cured. I will take pictures later. Thanks for your help.

Back