Blackberry Sage

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonkaz

Reaction score
9bf4aa78-1.jpg

A fabulous smell ... and I'm happy with the colours.

Those colors are fantastic. Looks great. What colors did you use to make that swirl?

Is that one of your BB scents Kaz, looks almost like you have done two pours with the dark and light.

Bama said:
Those colors are fantastic. Looks great. What colors did you use to make that swirl?
Bama the colors are - apple green pop mica, grape pop mica and black lustre mica.
Relle it's BB's Blackberry Sage ... and the smell is amazing!

I did an ITP swirl and kept some of each of the colours for the top. I added the FO to the plain soap batter ... and that seems to have given a fourth shade ... plus the gentle mixes of the shade!

Thanks for the info. I have one jar of Mica but think I have been intimidated to use it. Do you add the color to oil before you add it to the soap batter? YOurs turned out so pretty. Do micas bleed color on your skin?

Bama said:
Do you add the color to oil before you add it to the soap batter? YOurs turned out so pretty. Do micas bleed color on your skin?
Bama micas are my favourite way to add colour ... really great colours.

I have 'throw away' plastic cups and I put some mica in the bottom of them ... about 2 gm for swirls and top decorations. Then I add some oil and give it a good mix. A latte beater is great and so is a fork. Then I add soap batter to the mix, usually before adding the EO/FO, and give a good mix with the fork.

I've not had any issues with micas bleeding. I've had bleeding issues with oxides, but to be honest it doesn't bother me, as the colour washes away.

Thanks for sharing that with me Kaz. I think I will try some of that mica I have on hand next week and I will make a pic and let you know how it turns out. I want to get some black mica so I can make some black and yellow soap for my new bathroom. Black and white would be good too. So many possiblilties. Did I say I love making soap?

Back