Bio-terge 804 substitute

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobelloy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still trying to make M&P from scratch, I bought the book and the formula she recommends uses BioTerge 804 but it will be hard to find in Australia, does anyone know what I can use instead?

Can you purchase the generic version, which is C14-16 olefin sulfonate?
Not quite for this one -- Bioterge 804 seems to be a surfactant blend, containing C14-16 olefin sulfonate + sodium laureth sulfate + lauramide DEA. I'm not sure poly 80 would be a good substitute.

ETA: Bioterge is the brand name; they have multiple products, such as Bioterge 804 or Bioterge AS40.

Not quite for this one -- Bioterge 804 seems to be a surfactant blend, containing C14-16 olefin sulfonate + sodium laureth sulfate + lauramide DEA. I'm not sure poly 80 would be a good substitute.

ETA: Bioterge is the brand name; they have multiple products, such as Bioterge 804 or Bioterge AS40.
Sorry, that was my mistake, I think I looked at Bioterge 40. Technically you could use C14-16 and add in the other 2 ingredients if you can get them.

Latest posts

Back