Best prices for everything

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinlee

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum but not new to soaping. I've read some of the threads related to pricing and found some of the sites I had lost such as Soapers Choice - THANKS :D I have run out of everything except lard and beef tallow because I don't buy those I render those myself. For the people who always comment at the farmer's markets where I sold the best hog meat around no it is not hard to render lard, no it does not stink and why would you not use it in cooking and soaping when it has way more Omega 3s than Salmon Oil?
Ok got off on a Rabbit Trail there.....

Anyway, I'm looking for the absolutely lowest prices on anything related to soaping, lotions, candles, you name it. I mainly make all of the above for family but I have a large family. Since creating these items for the family may save money but doesn't generate money, you can understand why lower prices is a high priority.

Anyway, the forum is great! I thought I should stop lurking and join in for a change. Y'all speak up with your favorites. Gathering info from all over the site is taking a while because I keep wandering off on other threads and I don't get my list of sites made.

Thanks, everyone.

No one can answer that for you as Shipping will be the final factor.

You would be better off asking if there were someplace in your state where you could drive to pick up products.

Since I don't know where you are I can not answer that for you.

If you were in MA, then Jedwards is good

Hi everyone!
I'm new to the forum but not new to soaping. I've read some of the threads related to pricing and found some of the sites I had lost such as Soapers Choice - THANKS :D I have run out of everything except lard and beef tallow because I don't buy those I render those myself. For the people who always comment at the farmer's markets where I sold the best hog meat around no it is not hard to render lard, no it does not stink and why would you not use it in cooking and soaping when it has way more Omega 3s than Salmon Oil?
Ok got off on a Rabbit Trail there.....

Anyway, I'm looking for the absolutely lowest prices on anything related to soaping, lotions, candles, you name it. I mainly make all of the above for family but I have a large family. Since creating these items for the family may save money but doesn't generate money, you can understand why lower prices is a high priority.

Anyway, the forum is great! I thought I should stop lurking and join in for a change. Y'all speak up with your favorites. Gathering info from all over the site is taking a while because I keep wandering off on other threads and I don't get my list of sites made.

Thanks, everyone.

Well, I live a 25 minute drive from Rustic Escentuals in Spartanburg SC. So I’m partial to them. I have to order lye in bulk from Duda Diesel out of AL. And exotic oils from Soapers choice. I’m a renderer, too. I like to order from folks in the Southeast. I went to the TN soap meeting last week and learned about other good vendors in the SE that I didn’t know about. Carol

No one can answer that for you as Shipping will be the final factor.

You would be better off asking if there were someplace in your state where you could drive to pick up products.

Since I don't know where you are I can not answer that for you.

If you were in MA, then Jedwards is good
Actually, I have looked at JEdwards online. thanks for that suggestion. they are a good one. due to the way I work (from home) driving anywhere does not fit into my schedule. If I'm breathing, I'm probably working. I still squeeze in soaping not because I luv it (although I do) but because it is necessary. Someday I would like to be able to play around and have fun with soaps. I live in GA.

Well, I live a 25 minute drive from Rustic Escentuals in Spartanburg SC. So I’m partial to them. I have to order lye in bulk from Duda Diesel out of AL. And exotic oils from Soapers choice. I’m a renderer, too. I like to order from folks in the Southeast. I went to the TN soap meeting last week and learned about other good vendors in the SE that I didn’t know about. Carol
Carol, do tell... who else did you learn about please? I have looked into Duda Diesel but have not ordered from them. I'm still one of those who can get lye from the hardware store and EEK I am about to try making my own KOH. I'll let ya know how it goes folks. I have the wood ash all winter long so I might as well have put it to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I often use rice bran oil in place of olive oil. Riceland has the best price if you buy 6 gallons at a time. The shipping may seem a little high, but when compared to Soaper's Choice the order is cheaper.

lsg - Thanks. I've never used rice bran oil but I use rice flour since I'm Celiac so why wouldn't I have tried it?

I use Riceland rice bran oil for salad dressing and cooking, as well as an ingredient in Soap.

For me, where I live, these are the vendors I use the most:

Soaper's Choice (Illinois) for oils
Nurture Soap (Indiana)
Steph's Micas & More (Facebook pre-order buying)
Amazon Prime for some items
eBay & Etsy ocassionally for molds, mostly
Wholesale Supplies Plus (Ohio)
Essential Depot (Florida)
Riceland (Arkansas) for RBO

This is not a complete list, but these are the ones I use most often for orders that I have delivered.

When grocery shopping, I am always on the lookout for a bargain, and often find very good prices for some oils I use in soaking, but it varies a great deal as stores change what theystock on the shelves. So far there is only one store locally where I can buy pomace olive oil, and that happens to be in my small town grocer.

I like Camden Grey for EOs and for oils/butters - assuming I don't want to buy 10 lbs of shea from Soaper's Choice. I'm in AL and CG is in FL, so I think you'll find their shipping prices are good.

I'm partial to Wholesale Supplies Plus. Free shipping and great bonuses.
Not free shipping. Shipping costs in figured in each item so a large order will subsequently end up with high shipping costs. If you place small orders it an be cost effective so it is still best to compare prices including shipping with other supplies when placing large orders. Soapsupplies.net has some nice FO's and $7.95 flat rate shipping. She also has some colorants and td, but like all suppliers you just have to test the fo's and find what you like. There is just not one supplier with best prices and actually WSP is not my favorite

Soapsupplies.net has some nice FO's and $7.95 flat rate shipping.
That's the one I was trying to think of! Thanks for posting that, C. She also has a nice assortment of colorants. I'm drawn to the 6-bottle Neon set -- good price and enough for 25 batches of soap. What's not to like? :thumbup:

So, I'm also in SC, close to Charlotte. I find, even with shipping, Soapers Choice is a great deal if you can buy in bulk.
The Herbarie is also in SC, but they sell mainly B&B supplies. But, I got next day shipping for the cost of ground, so you might check to see if they have anything you need.
Lastly, I also use WSP a bunch. You get free shipping for orders over $25. Their pricing is competitive, they have a great variety if supplies, and I usually receive my items 2 days after the order is completed.

Lastly, I also use WSP a bunch. You get free shipping for orders over $25. Their pricing is competitive, they have a great variety if supplies, and I usually receive my items 2 days after the order is completed.

Sorry they do not have free shipping you just do not pay extra shipping if you spend $25. It is also stated that shipping is added onto product. Or at least it used to be, I have not checked for awhile, but I figured it out way before I read it. Sadly, Nothing is free...

Yes, their shipping must be accounted for in some way, but generally, their prices are competitive with other suppliers. They do add a $6 "handling fee", but even then, their pricing is still competitive. Not cheaper, but about the same as if I ordered from somewhere else that charged shipping.
And, I do love those half price FO coupons.

Cellador, I love it when WSP has a sale. I feel that I can really save, even with the added added handling fee. If you sign up for their newsletter, then you will automatically be notified of sales.

I was on Bulk Apothecary and put some things in my cart to see about shipping etc.
I didn't buy anything but now I haev been getting EMAILS 2X a day about sh*t in my cart.

I DO NOT LIKE THAT ! Enough that I may not buy from them. one email is enough.

a separate "handling fee" is not acceptable to me. It should be part of the price or shipping fee IMHO

I was on Bulk Apothecary and put some things in my cart to see about shipping etc.
I didn't buy anything but now I haev been getting EMAILS 2X a day about sh*t in my cart.

I DO NOT LIKE THAT ! Enough that I may not buy from them. one email is enough.

a separate "handling fee" is not acceptable to me. It should be part of the price or shipping fee IMHO
Everybody has to do their own figuring relating to which products they buy. Of course shipping is figured into their product prices and the handling fee is not what I prefer but all in all I have gotten so many free F.O.s and other things from them. I get what I need all over the place and go with who's cheaper for me. Some of the places mentioned here I never heard of so I'll check them out. Thanks.

For me, where I live, these are the vendors I use the most:

Soaper's Choice (Illinois) for oils
Nurture Soap (Indiana)
Steph's Micas & More (Facebook pre-order buying)
Amazon Prime for some items
eBay & Etsy ocassionally for molds, mostly
Wholesale Supplies Plus (Ohio)
Essential Depot (Florida)
Riceland (Arkansas) for RBO

This is not a complete list, but these are the ones I use most often for orders that I have delivered.

When grocery shopping, I am always on the lookout for a bargain, and often find very good prices for some oils I use in soaking, but it varies a great deal as stores change what theystock on the shelves. So far there is only one store locally where I can buy pomace olive oil, and that happens to be in my small town grocer.
Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back