Best prices for everything

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...a separate "handling fee" is not acceptable to me. It should be part of the price or shipping fee IMHO
FYI: When WSP first started including the cost of shipping in the price of the product, it was great -- with other suppliers I had to spread the cost of shipping across however many items I ordered to get the cost per ounce or gram, etc. A real time thief! At that time, there was no minimum purchase; no handling fee.

Over the years, as postal rates rose, I would suspect they faced the proposition of having to raise prices on thousands of products, only to raise them again the next time shipping rates went up. My thinking is, they took the easier route of just adding a $5 "handling" fee to cover the increases in shipping cost. Later they added a minimum $40 purchase; now it's $25 and the handling fee is $6. Just good business, to my mind at least.

As a long time customer, and always comparing their prices to other suppliers, their prices are equal to or better than competitors if you factor in shipping. Then there's also the advantage of one-stop shopping compared to other suppliers I use. It doesn't take long to reach $500 and that's when the bonus coupons kick in. 2% discount on all purchases, and a choice of Freebies or a percentage off products. In the long run, it's a good thing!

2¢ Worth.gif

Latest posts

Back