Best orange scent combo?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rachael

Reaction score
Hi all!

So I purchased some Orange 10x a while back thinking I was going to make a pure orange soap... still might, actually... but I have been playing around with the idea of making a scent combination instead. Do you have any favorite scent combos that include orange? I'm almost thinking an orange floral, I love the scent of orange blossom for instance, but being the creatively challenged person I am, I don't trust my ideas most of the time. Lol.

I've got a lavender, orange, and patchouli in the works, which I'm really excited about. I am so happy I added the orange in to that soap, it really completes it, but the lavender/patchouli really comes through first in that batch. I'd like something that lets the orange shine through a bit more. What are some of your favorites?

Thank you :)

I like a citrus blend. I can't remember the percentage but grapefruit, orange and a little lemon is amazing.
If you have something sweet to add in, even better. Maybe a honey FO, just enough to take off the sharpness of the citrus.

I've got a lavender, orange, and patchouli in the works, which I'm really excited about.
"South of France" From EOCalc:

20% Patchouli (Indonesian)
20% Orange (Sweet)
10% Anise (Star)
50% Lavender 40/42

I like Orange & Clove for this time of year... as in "Wake the Dead" From EOCalc:

https://www.eocalc.com/blends/?ms_oils=14958,14948&ms_oils_operator=AND
I'd like something that lets the orange shine through a bit more.
I hear ya! I went down that road. Since Orange EO commonly functions as a "rounder" to round out any blend, I found the best way to get orange EO to "shine" is to blend it with an Orange FO.

Last edited:
I hear ya! I went down that road. Since Orange EO commonly functions as a "rounder" to round out any blend, I found the best way to get orange EO to "shine" is to blend it with an Orange FO.

I'm thinking Orange 10 fold, Orange FO and Neroli EO or FO? That would keep the full orange smell. I recently bought a Neroli 'Cosmetic Grade' oil that is cheaper than an EO but still retains the lovely scent.

I'll second the orange + neroli as well as orange + clove. i HATE cloves. With a passion. But Trader Joe's made a cream a few years ago with orange and clove that was very nice, and I was able to replicate the balance to my liking (but do you think I wrote it down??). They key for me was just the tiniest bit of clove, I think.

Do you mind saying where you found this? What a fabulous idea! And thank you everyone who posted on this thread. Love this.
Hola! It's from my supplier in NZ and I'm not sure where they get it from. I'd say if comes from an Essential Oil supplier of some kind, rather than n FO suppler. They get their FOs from Candle Science in the USA, but I've search that website and not found any 'cosmetic grade' oils.

I made some soap with the orange 10x. It does smell good and strongly of orange but yes I think it would be better in a combination :) Sorry it that's not helpful I'm a beginner still. I did get to try the orange in the shower for the first time last night and I love it.

If my shaving soap recipe works, the next batch is going to be patchouli, mandarin and maybe a dash of ceder. Or maybe even frankincense. What do all think about the frankincense?

I know serrata smells strong out of the bottle but softens to a spicy fragrance in soap--it would go with many things. I havent tried carterii as much as I de like to, melted some carterii resin in oil and it was Wonderful..I didnt try it in soap, as I had read it fades quickly when added that way..

Latest posts

Back