Berry Wine- First succesful CP swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petals

Reaction score
This is the first time that I was able to get a decent swirl ontop. For some reason I still can't get those swirls to show up throughout the entire loaf. They just disappear. :cry:

Second try at uploading photo :oops:
Anyone know how to upload. Tried 3 times...
I got it now :D Scroll Down.

Sliced Photos are on Page 2

Thanks Angie! I'll try that.
017.jpg

ooo, I love the colors. That deep purple-red is so pretty. Nice swirls! What did you scent it with?

Petals said:
This is the first time that I was able to get a decent swirl ontop. For some reason I still can't get those swirls to show up throughout the entire loaf. They just disappear. :cry:
you have to pour from up high, i guess, im still trying! pretty color, what kind of colorant did u use?

Wow beautiful soap! I have yet to get my swirls all the way through yet, so I can't give much advice there, but the tops are fabo!!

jenn624 said:
ooo, I love the colors. That deep purple-red is so pretty. Nice swirls! What did you scent it with?

I scented it with Berry Wine from Brambleberry. It's become one of my new favorites.

honor435 said:
Petals said:
you have to pour from up high, i guess, im still trying! pretty color, what kind of colorant did u use?

I used a mix of pink, blue, and red ultramarines and oxides. Is it me or do they cause the mix to start setting up faster?

Thanks Tanya!!

Very pretty. I love the top swirl on top - and looks like your technique did get you some colour through the middle. And the colour is gorgeous. Bet it smells great.

There's a swirl technique described somewhere (had it bookmarked, but my computer ate them) that explains how to layer your swirl so that you get it throughout the bar. I used it and it worked very well. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Thanks surfgirl. It's a very frustrating process. I have in my head what I want to do and the end product becomes something soooo different. I'd really appreciate that link. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back