Beginner piccies..first attempt goats milk!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waychie

Reaction score
So I'm a beginner..here's my first attempts at making CP GM soap! :oops:

The first batch I made is simply GM and olive oil

IMG_5188.jpg

I'm surprised at how white it turned out! (This batch had 50/50 water and GM solution with lye, which was room temp when SB with oils)

The second batch has a lemon verbena FO with tea leaves added for texture

IMG_5187.jpg

Now that I've attempted goats milk soap, I want to keep making more!

Cool pics, they look very smoooth. I know I've probably asked on here before but what is GM? and what does SB mean? :oops:

WOW! Great first attempt on the GM! My first few attempts I burned the GM with the lye & they were a LOT darker.

Good job!

your soaps look great. I just tried my first milk soap with half and half. The texture looks great but the color (yellow-green) and the smell (baby powder) bleh!

Wow...those look great!!! Nice job. I dunno how you guys are getting such light colored GM soap. Mine is always darker...

waychie said:
The second batch has a lemon verbena FO with tea leaves added for texture

IMG_5187.jpg

i love that. :D

i haven't tried a milk soap yet...but it's on my to do list. :lol:

Imblebee said:
They do look fabulous! When did you add the GM?

I added frozen GM to the water/lye solution with the first batch and cooled it to room temperature. I'm still amazed it stayed so white and am hoping nothing went wrong - the water/lye solution looked like it had "rice" in it, so I'm not sure if this soap will be usable!

The second batch I used 100% frozen GM and an ice bath when adding the lye, took a long time..but worth the effort! (I strained the solution this time, considering the problem I had last time)

I love working with goats milk now!

Wow, thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement! I really appreciate it! :D

I've been lurking in the gallery and am amazed at the beauty of everyones soap! :shock:

Back