Beeswax Tarts

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonlightEternal

Reaction score
Is it possible to make tarts with beeswax? I've never burned a beeswax candle, so I don't know if maybe it doesn't melt right or something similar.

Beeswax can burn uneven at times do to it's natural state so I would not suggest making tarts unless you are sure they will always be contained when burning. I love beeswax....its so good for the environment!

How is it good for the environment?

Anyway, the melting point of beeswax is really high and it doesn't work well in tart warmers in my experience. But try it and see.

Hi,
Beeswax is good for the environment because as it burns, it emits negative ions that actually purify the air. It also burns soot and chemical free. Big dipper Wax works is a great resource to learn more about the benefits of beeswax as well as showing you some great ideas for shapes, molds, etc.
:)

I see. Well, thank you for that explanation. But I don't buy it, at all.
Now, if you can provide some reliable resource for that information I might believe it. Not some funky beeswax candle web site, but a peer reviewed article siting real research.

By the way, as everything (even beeswax) is composed of chemicals.

As for soot-free. I can make you a lovely paraffin candle that doesn't produce visible soot, and I absolutely can make you a very sooty beeswax candle. Regardless of the wax or the candle, combustion always produces soot in tiny amounts no matter what, since matter cannot be destroyed - simply converted and trust me, the conversion of beeswax (plus the wick) is not 100% efficient so it produces more than just energy.

Back