beeswax candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey

Reaction score
Anyone do 100% beeswax candles out there? I'm having a devil of a time trying to find the right wick for a 3 inch diameter pillar candle.

I've used a large flat braid wick without a core. I'm getting some tunneling. The wax pool is only about an inch or so big. Is that normal? I've never made a 100% beeswax candle this big.

I do have some square braid wick without a core. Do you think that's a better choice for a bigger flame?

Stearic Acid, also known as stearin simplifies the production of molded candles. A mixture of stearin and paraffin will shrink as it cools, allowing your creations to easily pop free of their molds. However, because stearin can eat away at rubber and latex, it's best to avoid using it with molds made of those materials.

HI,

I have a candle making business - 100% beeswax. There is a lot of information out there on the web about wicks for beeswax. It depends mainly on two things:
1. the diameter of the candle
2. the cleanliness and color of the wax
My suggestion would be to call Candlewic - the number is on their website. They are very good, and will also send you samples to try out.

Back