Beeswax and honey soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reeny

Reaction score
What does everyone think of this recipe. Since I have my own bee hives I have been trying to find a recipe that incorporates both my honey and beeswax. I found some very pretty recipes on pinterest and wonder what every one thought. When I run it through the soap calc the numbers seem odd.

Here is the recipe from pinterest
Almond oil 4 oz
Canola 6 oz
Coconut 8oz
Olive oil 7 oz
Soybean oil 6 oz
Beeswax 1oz

Water 12 oz
Lye 4.3 oz

Honey 2 tbsp at trace

Also I'm sure you know this but beeswax will speed up trace, it did a lot with mine. And honey will cause it to heat up quite a bit but your amounts are in normal range.. believe it's 1TBS ppo.

Reeny I regularly soap with high olive oil recipes with a bit of beeswax. The first ones I made about 3-4 months ago are good and hard. Beeswax helps with hardening soap. Just be ready for a colour change when you add the honey

I can't wait to see what you think of your beeswax and honey soap. I haven't tried the 2 together.

http://www.soaprecipes101.com/homemade-soap-recipes/beeswax-soap-recipe/

This is the link to the recipe the soap looks nice. I am still learning the properties of my different oils which of the oils in this recipe should I substitute for one that might produce a harder bar of soap? The picture of the soap looks good. Do you think the beeswax is enough to harden the soap?

The amounts look good. Keep in mind that beeswax can cut bubbles when there is too much used. I only add .5 oz to a 3 lb batch after playing with different amounts and this amount doesn't affect lather and still gives a hardness to the bars. You can also add .5 oz Castor Oil PPO to help boost bubbles when you're using beeswax as well. And definitely do what karenbeth said and dilute in a bit of water and warm it.

Which ever recipe you end up using use a little of your water to mix with the honey. That way the honey mixes in better and faster. Warm it a little so it is runny.

Thanks karenbeth I did this with my first CP that I added honey I added a little water to dilute.

Latest posts

Back