Beer Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine did/does not have a lot of smell, kind of earthy, I guess. Not bad at all. I used Oatmeal stout beer, no FO. As I recall, it was pretty smelly when I added the lye to it. I have not made it for a while, but it was pleasant. Sudzed like crazy! It is a pretty dark tan color, and I have actually been using it for my hair.

When I make mine it also has a weird smell when mixing with the lye. Prior to that, I boil it for a few minutes to get it 'flat' for soaping & it smells funny then too. But once soaped it doesn't really have a scent. Sorta, but nothing I could really point out to people as smelling like beer.

From the pic of mine below, you can see that it didn't get much color from the beer either (used miller lite). It's a very pale soap. The picture actually makes it look darker than it really is. I'd even go so far as to say that the hint of creamy golden coloring is from the cocoa butter in the recipe. It sure does suds up like the dickens tho!

beer_soap_250x188.jpg

Remember beer on tap years ago? I LOVED that shampoo!!

I was searching for some recipes online to see what most people put in their shampoo bars and I found one that was quite diff. than the rest, in that she used all butters = wheat oil. Sounds like it would be too oily? dunno. But I would like to make some.

Michelle your soaps are really pretty!

Your soap looks wonderful ., such a nice light color.

Beer soap sounds very nice, I will put that on my to do list.

Kitn

Dixie said:
Remember beer on tap years ago? I LOVED that shampoo!!

I was searching for some recipes online to see what most people put in their shampoo bars and I found one that was quite diff. than the rest, in that she used all butters = wheat oil. Sounds like it would be too oily? dunno. But I would like to make some.

I have a soap that has a lot of nice oils in it ,it is the best shampoo bar , better than the shampoo bar bar I made :shock:

Kitn

surf girl said:
michelleB said:
From the pic of mine below, you can see that it didn't get much color from the beer either (used miller lite)

Cough. Cough. That's because it's not beer. :p :lol: :lol:

ROFL!!! My thoughts exactly!

Still beautiful soap!!!

Grrrr, simply E your avatar is soooooo annoying :eek:)

I always try to swat the little bug away :eek:)

surf girl said:
michelleB said:
From the pic of mine below, you can see that it didn't get much color from the beer either (used miller lite)

Cough. Cough. That's because it's not beer. :p :lol: :lol:

Beautiful soap, though!

ROFLMAO @ Surf Girl - I do however have to agree. I made a beer soap using honey and dark ale - it came out with a really earthy, sweet nutty scent. Quite like it:.....

DSCN1428.jpg

I make several different types of beer soap. I do use a small amount of FO, the same FO in all of them. I get many comments from my customers saying they love the scent. Many smell the bars and say they had to make sure that it did not smell like beer. I joke with them all the time with lines like "Honest officer I have not been drinking, I just got out of the shower!"

Here are just 2 of the beer soaps that I make. The first is a liquid beer shampoo and the second is a pale ale bar with exfoliating grain. The same type of grain that the beer was made from.

netsalepics001.jpg

beerexf.jpg

Bruce

Oh, hey, I've got a pic I can share too. It's from a dark-ish ale, which I simmered it to about half its volume to get rid of the alcohol then used as the entire liquid volume for the lye solution. The soap in real life is a bit darker than what appears in the photo, kind of the tan colour of some solid honeys or some types of paler brown sugar. (Swirl is cocoa).

I can't say what the scent is since I used a cinnamon leaf EO. I'd like to do a plain one sometime, though.

beersoap17.jpg

surf girl said:
Oh, hey, I've got a pic I can share too. It's from a dark-ish ale, which I simmered it to about half its volume to get rid of the alcohol then used as the entire liquid volume for the lye solution. The soap in real life is a bit darker than what appears in the photo, kind of the tan colour of some solid honeys or some types of paler brown sugar. (Swirl is cocoa).

I can't say what the scent is since I used a cinnamon leaf EO. I'd like to do a plain one sometime, though.

beersoap17.jpg

That is gorgeous!!!

Back