beer, eggs, coconut cream, salt.....not a grocery list!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milla

Reaction score
My first attempt at a layered soap and it worked! This is a nut ale beer soap scented with coconut lime.
Very soft scent and it works with the beer. Cut this with my new soap cutter and it ROCKS!

dsc00597lzl.jpg

This is an egg and lemon shampoo bar.
Scented with lemon EO, lemongrass sage, and a few drops of eucalyptus. It has an egg yolk in it and some coconut cream. Can't wait to try it!
Also cut with my new cutter! :D

dsc00602v.jpg

Here's another lemon soap with coconut cream in it. Scented with lemongrass and sage. Yummy!

dsc00601t.jpg

These salt bars are made with 100% CO oil with 15% SF. Scented with seashore or sea glass (can't remember). Molds are much better than cutting!!

dsc00607hzz.jpg

Thanks for looking!

they are beautiful! I love the blue color in the salt bars!

The lemongrass/sage bars are to die for! I'm curious about egg yolk in soap, have you found it makes a big difference?

Artephius said:
The lemongrass/sage bars are to die for! I'm curious about egg yolk in soap, have you found it makes a big difference?

This is the first time I ever put egg yolk in a soap. It's just one, but it did leave cute little flecks in the soap! I'll have to wait a month before I'll know.

Wow, it all looks great! Please tell us how you like the lemon and egg shampoo bar. I've been looking at the recipe and thinking about it but don't have many EOs.

OOOO!! Thems is puuuuurdy!!! I like all of them! :wink:

You are right though - moulds are sooooo much easier than having to cut, but not always possible.

JenniferSews said:
Wow, it all looks great! Please tell us how you like the lemon and egg shampoo bar. I've been looking at the recipe and thinking about it but don't have many EOs.

Thanks! Just so you know I changed the recipe a bit so suit my needs. I used 14 oz olive oil, 1 oz coconut oil, 1 oz palm, 1 oz of the canned creamed coconut, and 1 egg yolk without the membrane. I did a 5% SF (not including coconut). I used 1 Tbsp of the lemon EO, 1 tsp lemongrass sage FO and 5 drop eucalyptus. You could skip the eucalyptus. Lemon EO is cheap and I found it at my local Fresh and Natural store. The smell was weak which is why added the FO and eucalyptus. I really wanted to be able to smell my soap. Oh and I used 1 Tbsp sugar and some silk in the lye water and a 1/2 tsp vit E at trace. Lots of stuff! 2:1 Lye ratio too. Unmolded like a charm.

Gorgeous soap you made there , the sage lemongrass is exquisite , love the salt bar color . Way to go :D

Kitn

x

what a great soap cutter and mold you made! isn't it wonderful when things go right?

those are very pretty soaps-the colors are so fetching and the swirls just "make" the bars!

great job! you have every right to be proud of your efforts! :D

Thanks everybody! I think it's funny that the lemongrass sage seems to be the favorite because I hated the color at first. I wish the yellow was a tad lighter, but I'm slowly collecting colorants. I do like that lemon smell better than regular lemon. Makes my mouth water a little.

Your soaps are beautiful and I really love your choice of colours, and it looks like your soap cutter works wonderfully!

Another vote for the lemongrass sage one. Love them all but adore anything with green and lemongrass!!!!

love the honeycomb soap, so you smashed bubble wrap on top? or molded the whole thing with it??

Latest posts

Back