Bay Laurel Oil and My Major Freak Out!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrubbie

Reaction score
Well I have secured the rare and not easy to find bay laurel berry oil found in Aleppo soap. I am freaking out. It is a costly oil and Im trying to blend essential oils. I need so serious help this stuff is rare (flown in from turkey and from a friend) I wrote a post on aromatherapy for help with an e/o blend but frankly I am freaking. This bay laurl berry oil is rare and virtually impossible to get in USA unless you pay major cash. Im going to HP some special holiday soaps with it. Aleepo and Gamila's (30 dollar a bar soap is made with this) all I can say is HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking out! They want me to film it on you tube and I am. HELP LOLOLOLOL. Im doing a 85 percent olive and 15 Bay Laurel and My speical soap which is 18 percent Babassu, 15 Laurel oil, 5 percent castor 8 Mango Rest Olive. THese are my lux ones for Christmas. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im freaking lol Does anyone have suggestions on what scents Middle Eastern Style soaps would have?

Cumin and lavender blend well. So do cinnamon leaf and sweet orange, cardamom and lemongrass.
I'd test in small test batches though, with a simple and cheap recipe.

Sounds like you need to take a deep breath! LOL Let us know when you post to youtube, I would love to watch the video.

You know what is interesting I found the Aleppo soap for $21 for 20 bars. I have yet to find it more than $5 a bar.

The bay laurel oil is an essential oil. It is taken from the leaves by steam distillation.

ull Details of Original Bay Leaf Oil:- Bay leaf is the oldest herbs or spice and is a native of Asia Minor. Also known by name of 'Sweet bay', 'bay laurel', 'Noble laurel' & 'True laurel', its leaves have aromatic odor & are bitter and spicy. This sturdy evergreen tree is a native of West Indies, Venezuela and the Guianas. Nowadays the oil is obtained mostly from Morocco and Spain. The bay tree grows to about 10 meters (30 feet), has long aromatic lance-shaped leaves, small white-yellow flowers and black berries. This warming oil is often used in aromatherapy since it is a good antiseptic for the respiratory system, perks up the digestive system, settles stomach pain and expels wind, while promoting confidence, courage and insight. Bay oil was very popular with the Romans, who thought that the herb was symbolic of wisdom, peace and protection. The Latin 'Laudis' means 'to praise", which is why the victors at the Olympic games were presented with a laurel (bay) wreath.
EXTRACTION PROCCES OF BAY OIL-
Bay Leaf oil is extracted from the leaves by the Steam Distillation method or Water Distillation. The leaves are collected from a tree that is at least 5 years old tree (salt is often added or seawater used in the still). The extraction usually yields about 0.5-1.5%.

Latest posts

Back