Bath bomb clumps?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishingWell

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a beginner bath bomb maker and I have one very annoying problem! There are clumps in my bath bombs! I use a strainer to sift all of my dry ingredients but when I pour in my oil and wet ingredients then it gets clumpy and I have no idea what I am doing wrong, maybe my oil needs to be warmer when I pour it in? Maybe I need to use a mixer to better mix the fragrance oils in? I just don't know, help! 😔

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-02-09-59-10-029_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-02-09-59-10-029_com.snapchat.android.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 19
You can pour your oil and wet ingredients in a little-at-a-time, stirring well after each addition.

Absolutely, I think I do it slow enough but when I'm pouring I'm mixing with one hand and I don't think I'm mixing well enough I will try using a whisk instead of my hand maybe that will help

I am unsure what you mean by clumpy. At the end of the day you want it to clump together, kind of like wet sand when making sandcastles.

I whisk my dry ingredients to make sure they are thoroughly mixed. I add my pre-mixed wet ingredients a little at a time and work them in thoroughly using both hands with latex gloves on. Then I test it to see if it will hold together. If not, I lightly spritz it with witch hazel, mix, test again - repeat this step until it is the right consistency.
I find that mixing with both hands is the best way to combine the wet and dry ingredients for bath fizzies.
Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back