AZ male here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_gold_hound

Reaction score
Hi my name is Dean. I am a 33, live in Lake Havasu City, AZ and I am an alcoholic.........

Oh sorry I thought this was AA....Wait I don't drink!

OK OK I have been to many craft shows and always admired the soap they had at them. We don't have a craft show here but do have a farmers market, and a flea market here. I have always wonted to make soap and am going to give it a go. I like working with chemicals, and I also like cooking so I think I will enjoy doing this. I have not made my first batch as of yet, however will be doing it soon. If I enjoy it I will start to sell (once I get it down).

Is there a lot of men on here? I told a friend what I was going to do and she said that every one would think I was gay (I don't really care I know the truth). That is why I am asking because I really would love to have some others that I can talk to that don't make assumptions.

Well I hope to get some good hints/tips from your forums, and maybe even be able to give some in the futcher (cant spell that word or find out how). Well there you go a long winded, tired fingers introduction.

EDIT :
Well its nice to see some guys on here. And yes its too bad every one needs to get-into/assume sexuality. I am a strait male raised by my mother with three sisters so I am used to everyone thinking I am gay anyways and it doesn't bother me. I just don't think its any of there business unless I bring it up. But enough about the gay/strait thing.

It is nice to know there are some males here that make soap. I just talked to a friend of mine that runs the swap meet (flee market) her and her husband said they get asked all the time if any soap makers are coming. I guess they used to have two of them here and everyone has missed the home made soap, they passed on. So it seams as if the market is here for the taking.

I will be looking for some samplers so I may send some of you a sample here and there for feedback if that's ok. I would be willing to do the same for any of you.

Hi Dean and welcome from Australia! Spelled 'future' FYI :wink:

We have a few guys here and they make awesome soap so pull up a chair, grab a (insert your favourite beverage here) and browse. Lots of friendly and helpful soapers to help you and cheer your on.

Oh, and BTW, we love pics!

Tanya :)

Welcome

Welcome!!
Another guy here and yes I am gay.(really) Too bad people have to make guesses about each other because of what they love to do as a hobby or business. Best of luck to you in the Wonderful World of Soaping and as I tell other people be careful this is a very addicting thing that you about to enter in to! :wink: Also there is a lot of information here and a lot of great people here to help so ask all the questions you can think of and read, read,read!

Again Welcome,
Gregory

Thanks all

Good it looks as if they deleted my accidental post in wrong spot thank you MODS.

Gregory and all it is very nice to have such a welcome. I hope I can benefit and add to the forum. I am a member of many different forms for all of my hobbies i.e. Rock Climbing, Hiking, Nature Watching, Sky Diving, Snow Skiing (been way too long), kayaking, lock picking, Hacking/Cracking (don't worry its hobby learning not the practice), fish tanks/ponds, natural survival, and much more. Some of the stuff I would like to get into is sewing, leather making, Basket Weaving, and other stuff that I might be able to do with my next Ex-Wife :lol: .

Another guy here and yes I am gay.(really) Too bad people have to make guesses about each other because of what they love to do as a hobby or business
I couldn't agree more, While I am not gay but that is my choice and your choice is yours and nobody should look at us any differently. Life is too short to hate, god is love and nature is love (well sometimes) and we should love one another without judgment.

Welcome to the forum. Don't be shocked if you become a soap making addict after your first batch. Happens to all of us.

Welcome to the forum. Don't be shocked if you become a soap making addict after your first batch. Happens to all of us.

I havent even made my first batch and its all I can think about LOL I think I have been searching the internet all day long....

Hi there. Welcome to the addiction! You will learn tons here and everyone is willing to answer questions....so...ask away! :D

Howdy Dean! I'm a male soaper from California - Dave's my name. Gee, it never occurred to me that people would think I was gay because I make soap-that's hilarious! I don't get the connection...I like to cook too, it's all what I call kitchen chemistry. I also make toothpaste, furniture polish, and wood finishes. But about eight years ago I got really hooked on CP soap. I'm an herbalist so it's natural to apply this knowledge to soapmaking, and I've never had trouble getting rid of all I make.

Are you thinking of starting a business? I doubt it will make any of us rich, but it brings in a little cash and more or less pays for itself, which is more than you can say for a lot of hobbies.

These days with the economy tanking and jobs flying out of the country, I think it's a real good idea to be able to make something that everyone needs. I'm an old fart, live in a retirement complex, and being able to supply my neighbors with soap is kinda satisfying. If they can't afford it I either barter or just give it away.

BTW in the last couple of months I've bartered soap for two new computers, a GPS for my car, and a guitar...so there's another practical application for this skill!

desert_gold_hound said:
Hi my name is Dean. I am a 33, live in Lake Havasu City, AZ and I am an alcoholic.........
[/quote]

ROFLAO :lol:

Hi my names Lisa,Im 46,& I haven't made soap in 2 days'....

Hi Dean! :) welcome aboard,& welcome to our addiction! :)

Um, Dean's post is from like 3 months ago. Dean, are you even still around? That's about how long I've been on this board and I don't remember seeing anything from you. Are you still around? Did you ever make soap?

zeo

Back