Trying to think of a business tagline, any suggestions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
So I thought of some but I don't think they're very good. I'm trying to do something that points to enjoyment. Fun. No worries.

= Take a breath and let it go
= Take some time
= Everything right on schedule
= Live in the moment
= Enjoy Life
= Press Pause
= Just Breathe

Any other suggestions?

Remind us your business name - is it Bayou Bubbles? All Bath & Body products?
Bubble Bayou

I have to confess, I don't understand the point of a tagline?
It's just another thing that makes people think of you. Taglines are things like "I'm lovin it" and "Think Different". We know those because we hear them all the time and it makes people think of a business when they hear it. I didn't use one with Silver Branch Soapworks but I'm trying to bring things better in line with a real business instead of just winging it like I have the last three years. I'm in the hole $3700 for 2023. I don't want that to happen again. I've even been recording everything in an accounting program though I'm not entirely sure I'm doing that right.

It's just another thing that makes people think of you. Taglines are things like "I'm lovin it" and "Think Different".

Ah. That explains it. Those sorts of things don't stick very well in my mind. I know "I'm lovin' it" is a fastfood restaurant, but I don't know which one. I don't even know what "Think Different" goes with. Do most people remember these things?

Anyway...

1. On your list, so far I don't see anything unique. I'll put my daughter's big brain on it and see if she comes up with anything clever.
2. What are the copyright/trademark etc rules for taglines? Will you have to be careful not to use one that someone else has?
3. I may have missed something in another thread, but I thought Bubble Bayou was aimed at children, right?

I kind of like Press Pause, just because of the alliteration. Especially with Bayou Bubbles. It's maybe a little *too* alliterative, but it sticks in the mind, which is what you want.

Eg, I can see a graphic of your alligator about to press a button on the wall, standing next to a bathtub filled with bubbles and the logo "Press Pause" next it. With a blissful look on his/her/their face.

Ah. That explains it. Those sorts of things don't stick very well in my mind. I know "I'm lovin' it" is a fastfood restaurant, but I don't know which one. I don't even know what "Think Different" goes with. Do most people remember these things?

Anyway...

1. On your list, so far I don't see anything unique. I'll put my daughter's big brain on it and see if she comes up with anything clever.
2. What are the copyright/trademark etc rules for taglines? Will you have to be careful not to use one that someone else has?
3. I may have missed something in another thread, but I thought Bubble Bayou was aimed at children, right?
I'm lovin it is McDonalds. Think different is apple. I think the copyright on taglines are the same as anything else as in "don't copy it".
I was trying to think of a line from the CCR song that would work, but drew a blank. So far, I like:

Enjoy life
Relax
CCR is a great band but I am totally drawing a blank too. Thank you, Alioop.
Oh that would be clever, @AliOop !
born on a bayou, just for you
Bayou beautiful
Low country luxury (are you in low country?)
Beauty for everyday
Perfectly pampered
Oo, those are good. Hmm, I'm not sure if this would be considered low country. Now I have to google it. I do like Perfectly Pampered.
I kind of like Press Pause, just because of the alliteration. Especially with Bayou Bubbles. It's maybe a little *too* alliterative, but it sticks in the mind, which is what you want.

Eg, I can see a graphic of your alligator about to press a button on the wall, standing next to a bathtub filled with bubbles and the logo "Press Pause" next it. With a blissful look on his/her/their face.
That's a good point about Press Pause. Bubble Bayou bounces on the tongue. Press Pause kind of puts a relaxing stop to it for just a moment and can do so many things. It's like going from party to a relaxing moment where everything just slows down to enjoy the quiet. And you're right about it rather fitting with Bubble Bayou. And it's modern with an acknowledgement of today.

Last edited:
I think you need to go back to why you decided to start this business, not just your business name. I started my little business because I love what I make and I want to share it. I don't just make these products; I use them and if I make them for me, I'm only going to make what I love using. My tag line is "We make them, we use them, we love them!" (edited to correct the order).

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
It's just another thing that makes people think of you. Taglines are things like "I'm lovin it" and "Think Different".

I'm chaperoning a youth retreat this weekend. Last night's game involved matching companies with their slogans. The first one up was "I'm lovin' it." 😆

The team made up of us leaders could only remember
1. The ones from our childhoods
2. Credit card companies
😊😁😆

We're all over 50...

Latest posts

Back