Artisan Bread In Five Minutes A day

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax Munky

Reaction score
You really can make it in 5 minutes a day..The idea is to pre make and store/refrigerate the dough ahead of time.
I make artisan bread twice a month,can't remember the last time I actually bought some at the store.Bought this book and learned how to make my own..It's that good! :)

The day you want a loaf of artisan bread.Just cloak,shape,bake..Shaping the dough takes less then 5 minutes.I wait longer for the bread to rise,depending on what type I make.

They have many recipes to choose from.You don't need anything special to make them.I can't post the recipe,just recommend this book.They do have a another book coming out in October,that one is geared more towards Gluten Free.Sign me up!!

http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Bread-Fiv ... 223&sr=1-1

October's:

http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Bread-Fiv ... 223&sr=1-3

Munky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankies :)

Yes it's been a while..You guys looked hungry. I do spend most of my time cooking these days,working on my own family cookbook..But you know I've been missing making candles and soap lately..Dunno why..

Here I can do both.And I'm ok with that! ;)

Munky.

jumpin' in a little last on this, but can you use a bread machine to make the dough? i LUV homemade bread but i am not into all the kneading and stuff, yeah i know it's pathetic but that's the way it is. :wink:

Do you have a mixer with dough hooks? They do the kneading for you. I have a Kitchenaid mixer. I make pizza dough, rolls, and bread with it using the dough hooks.

Homemade pizza... mmmmmmm! now I'm hungry!!

i do have a kitchenaid, never thought about using that! thanks, i think i'm going to get the artisan bread book. yum, bread!

YUMMM

I ADORE making homemade bread! I'm ordering it right noww!!!

I just got a breadmaker a little while back, and since then , every three days im popping out new loaves, and the best pizza dough i have ever been able to make.... it actually tastes like pizza dough should taste!! wooooooaaaaaaah!

Cool beans! I just bought this book a week or so ago (the whole grain version), and I'm now totally sold on the whole no-knead thing. I'm no stranger to making bread from scratch- I started making artisan-type breads about 15 years ago on my trusty baking stone- but I had never heard about not needing to knead bread dough until last month. Who knew?! What a great timesaver! It's just like masterbatching lye, which I also do. I'm now turning out a freshly baked loaf of artisan-type bread every other day with hardly any effort. My hubby and son are very happy.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back