Are there any suppliers like Soaper's Choice near Oregon?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambers_artworld

Reaction score
I am starting to soap a LOT more lately, and usually I buy from Soaper's Choice...but the shipping to Oregon just about kills me. Does anyone know of a supplier with similar prices, that is closer to us Pacific Northwesterners? Same for Lye...got some from AAA Chemical in Texas, shipping was almost as much as the product. I found Hydrite Chemical closer to me, but they have a $250 min. order NOT counting shipping...yikes! (I know this is like, my billionth post this week...sorry for the overload!!)

Re: Are there any suppliers like Soaper's Choice near Oregon

One of my favorite suppliers is Oregon Trail Soapers Supply, located in Rogue River, Oregon. They sell oils, butters, scents, waxes, colorants, molds, additives, etc.... I don't think they sell lye, though. I mostly buy scents from them, but I also use them for colorants, oils, and butters at times (they have the best mango butter of all the places I've tried, btw).

For a lye supplier that's closer to Oregon, you can try Brambleberry. They are located in Bellingham, Washington and they sell lye as well as a host of other soaping goodies.

IrishLass :)

I can technically say that I checked it...but after looking at prices on every website on there for Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada and California my eyes started glazing over and I definitely might have missed something. Even Shay and Co. came out to be $20 MORE than Soaper's Choice. :(

Thanks so much, everyone!! I'm sure all the suppliers listed are great as far as quality...problem is price. Even after factoring in the shipping, my suppliers still come out cheaper than the local ones by a long shot...even still, it's hard looking at the total and having the shipping be a HUGE percentage; I would love to drive and pick it up in person if it was just a few hours drive. Darn. There's just nothing this side of the tracks that can come close to those prices, it seems. Oh well :(

I buy a lot of my stuff from Liberty Natural:

http://www.libertynatural.com

They are in Oregon, I believe. You'll click on "Natural Product Trades" on the left side to get to the soap making stuff.

Anita

Shay and Company!!!

They are based in Portland and carry most base soaping oils and butters.

Oops, rereading through the thread I see that you already comparison shopped there. I have a soaping friend in Idaho who gets her oils there but only if she happens to be driving there, not with shipping included.

Yes,
I live in Washington and go to Shay and Co quite abit they don't have as great a selection but it's cheaper for alot of stuff. It's in Portland.

OH MY GOSH Liberty Naturals, it's been right under my nose this whole time??? Now I could kick myself. I've seen their website and heard plenty about them before, but I thought they were only an EO supplier...somehow missed the memo that they sell base oils too! Wow, looks like I now have a great excuse to take frequent trips to Portland!!! (Which happens to be one of my favorite places to visit) :) Thanks again for sharing!!!

Where in Oregon do you live? I live in Eugene myself.

I'm in Medford, so not much around here at all as far as bulk supplies go.

Oregon Trails is in Rogue River I believe don't they have oils?

Hi Teri, yes they are...I was trying to find a nearby supplier with prices similar to Soaper's Choice, but Oregon Trails looks like they have some great stuff too!

Kind of late, but there is Essential Wholesale in Portland. And I get my lye from Ace Hardware, $3.50 for a lb. :)

Thanks ShShimo!! I'll check them out!

Latest posts

Back