April 2024 SMF Challenge - CAKE!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To enter the April 2024 SMF Challenge copy and paste these instructions and the entire list into a new post, adding your name and the next number at the bottom.

Sign-up list:
1. Vicki C - I have something I have been wanting to try!
2. ScentimentallyYours - 🍰 a reason for me to learn to make soap frosting!
3. Firefly24 (Lord knows I am probably doing this copy & paste thing wrong) LOL
4. Sudds - I might as well fall on my face big time or actually make some soap that looks like a cake.

To enter the April 2024 SMF Challenge copy and paste these instructions and the entire list into a new post, adding your name and the next number at the bottom.

Sign-up list:
4. Sudds - I might as well fall on my face big time or actually make some soap that looks like a cake.
5. Zuleika - I must have lost my marbles to do this.

Sign-up list:
6. AliOop - after two months of no-showing in the Challenges, this month I waited until the soap was made before I entered. It's nuthin' fancy, but it is cake-ish. 😁

Sign-up list:
6. AliOop - after two months of no-showing in the Challenges, this month I waited until the soap was made before I entered. It's nuthin' fancy, but it is cake-ish. 😁
7. dmcgee5034 - we share a birthday month, @KiwiMoose, so I had to make us “cake” 😉

Thanks a million! you are soooo far ahead of me! I tried something today and it didn't work out, so think I fixed the coloring problem so will reheat the M&P and see if the color is right tomorrow. I keep changing my mind on EVERYTHING!!!

Thanks a million! you are soooo far ahead of me! I tried something today and it didn't work out, so think I fixed the coloring problem so will reheat the M&P and see if the color is right tomorrow. I keep changing my mind on EVERYTHING!!!
Me too, decisions, decisions! I finally had to draw a line in the sand and stop overthinking it! We aren't going to win a million dollars!

@Sudds looking forward to seeing your entry (and all the others)! Keep in mind this rule from post #1:

The soap can be hot processed or cold processed, and can contain some melt and pour decorations/embeds, but not be a melt and pour soap in the main body.

@Sudds looking forward to seeing your entry (and all the others)! Keep in mind this rule from post #1:

The soap can be hot processed or cold processed, and can contain some melt and pour decorations/embeds, but not be a melt and pour soap in the main body.
AliOop, can I use a M&P as a small part of a layer? Would that be considered an embed? Please tell me yes!

We've had grandkids here for three days and I admit I'm exhausted, but I could have sworn it was Thursday here. Did you find an actual time machine, or am I seriously out of whack?
LOL - I just realised it is Friday morning here. I've been off work for two weeks leave, and it's my first day back today. So it seems like Monday. Haha - sorry to scare you!

Back