Apples and cinnamon

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamela

Reaction score
My daughter bought an apples and cinnamon Glade oil for her bathroom warmer and now I seem to have this bug about making some apple/cinn soap now! That ever happen to you? Smell something and then just have to go home and make a soap that smells like that!! *lol* Been thinking about it for 2 days now. I think today is the day to just do it!!

Oh yesss. I love the smell of a scent called Egyptian musk but can't for the life of me find out who wholesales it. I also love "love Supreme." can't find that either. Would so love to soap with them!

fionab said:
Oh yesss. I love the smell of a scent called Egyptian musk but can't for the life of me find out who wholesales it. I also love "love Supreme." can't find that either. Would so love to soap with them!

Camden Grey has a scent called Egyptian Musk.

I get mine from Save on Scents. Does not smell to strong in bottle. But smells great in the shower.

I wouldn't suggest using any fragrance that you are not comfortably sure is safe for soap and/or bath and body products.

jeffsangie said:
Can you use those household fragrance oils to make soap? I am new at this.

Definitely don't try to use a fragrance oil that's not intended for soap, like the ones they sell for fragrance warmers and such. At the very least you'd risk ruining a whole batch of soap and wasting the ingredients, at the worst you'd be risking some sort of skin or eye irritation since those oils aren't intended for use on the body.

Even when buying from a reputable supplier, be sure to check that the fragrance oil you're looking at is skin safe, some are meant only for candles. Most of the FO suppliers indicate right in the product description whether or not a fragrance is skin safe.

THanks so much for your help. I waa not sure about them so I thought I would ask.
Are there any craft stores that sell them, Michaels etc? Sometimes I get 40% off coupons.

There are some soap fragrances sold at the local craft stores like Michael's, but they're intended for melt and pour soap and don't really hold up in cold process or hot process soap, unfortunately. You can pick up some essential oils at health food stores and the like but they're extremely expensive when compared to ordering them online through a reputable vendor, so I really wouldn't go that route unless you absolutely have to.

jeffsangie said:
THanks so much for your help. I waa not sure about them so I thought I would ask.
Are there any craft stores that sell them, Michaels etc? Sometimes I get 40% off coupons.

I wouldn't buy any fragrance from a craft store. Buy FO's/EO's from a reputable supplier online that has tested their fragrances for CP soap.

Here are a few good suppliers: (many have reviews on their site)

Southern Garden Scents (I think they offer 6.99 flat rate shipping)
The Scent Works
Brambleberry
New Directions Aromatics
Elements Bath & Body
1 Raw Plant (very nice people - very nice eo's)

Latest posts

Back