Any advice on scenting shampoo bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Debbie

Reaction score
I have been making cp soap for a couple years now...I just tried my hand at shampoo bars. I made a few batches...they turned out beautiful, as far as structure, color, shape...BUT...I put them on my drying rack, went on vacation for a week, came back to check on my little babies...and
...they lost their scent. I used essential oils at a 2%. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retain the scent? They are so expensive to produce, and I am hesitant to try another batch till I can figure out what to do.

2% really isn't enough to scent soap. If its safe to do so, I would use 5-6%

I've found EO's to fade so bad that I've completely switched to FO. Even the EO that are supposed to stick well fade on me.

Are these syndet shampoo bars?
I haven't had a problem with scenting those, in fact, the EOs stick better for me than in CP soap. I also tend to use a little bit of unrefined cocoa butter so if nothing else, the chocolate scent sticks :) I have also had fairly good luck with a bit of orange wax or rose wax in syndet shampoo bars. Regarding EOs, Obsidian is right -- 2% is very little.

Little Debbie would like to go to the Intro forum as this is your first post and tell us about yourself, I see you have been a member for nearly 2 yrs.

Latest posts

Back