Any advice on fixing the mistake I made?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Healinya

Reaction score
I made soap last night, around 10pm. I went to bed and asked my husband to take the lid off of it when he goes to work, assuming 7 hours would be plenty of time to gel, and I would be able to cut it when I woke up. But when I woke up, I found a nice oval of gelled soap while the outside hadn't. I don't care about how it's going to end up looking, but the outside is so soft that I know not to try unmolding.. any advice on how to stiffen it up a bit so I can at least get it out in one piece. I won't try slicing it for a few days, but I would love to have my one and only mold back so I can make more today. It's a tog economy mold... but I happened to go to the craft store the other day and made my own liners (the whole way around it)

I would just let it sit a bit longer. I usually wait at least 24 hours (i tried unmolding earlier one time and is was too soft and ended up with finger indents all over the place). Good luck!

Latest posts

Back