Anti-Itch cream

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapwn

Reaction score

Taking advantage of the information and the answers I got in this forum I made a natural anti-itching cream.

The ingredients used for their anti-itching properties are the following:

Almond oil

Mango Butter

Calendula

Rosemary

Lavender

German chamomile

DSC00637.jpg

I had already Calendula-infused Almond oil and Rosemary-infused Olive oil. They were made with cold process extraction for about two months.

The exact recipe is the following:

23gr of oils:

8gr Calendula-infused Almond oil

8gr Rosemary-infused Olive oil

7gr Mango butter

126gr of water:

German chamomile infusion

6.5gr emulsifying wax

Lavender essential oil:

30 drops

Conservative: Optiphen

DSC00640.jpg

The cream must cure in the fridge for a few days.

I have to see yet if it actually works.

Thank you all for the comments! :)

I have had 6 itching attacks since I made this cream and it worked all the time.

Applying on the hands, rubbing them, wait two minutes and the itching is gone!

I don’t know which of the ingredients helps more, but all together seem to do an excellent job. However, it doesn’t last for hours. After 30-60 minutes, itching could return and I have to apply again.

Overall, I am very satisfied.

I want to try this so bad. With the allergies I have a lot of rashes that itch and use a lot of cortisone cream. Anything to substitute for rosemary? Or maybe I'll just leave it out and use calendula. I can't use any plants that have "resins" or "saps" and I love rosemary, especially with cooking. :(

Hello Mel!

I believe that rosemary is one of the basic anti-inching ingredients of this cream and I suppose so because I remember a soap that I made some time ago with plenty of dried rosemary inside that was having anti-inching properties. I remember my hands calming down after using that bar.

But if you cannot use it go ahead and make the cream without it. :thumbup:

I made this cream very light because I am using it on the palms of my hands and I don’t want it to be greasy. If you prefer a more dense cream you can simply reduce the amount of water maintaining the others without any change.

Good luck and I will be waiting to hear if it worked for you or not! :?:

I made a balm with rosemary, spearmint, and peppermint essential oils and that works on my mosquito bite itching also. Who knew!

Back