Amount of fragrance when mixing fragrances.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anchorandoak

Reaction score
Hello,

I've lurked here for a while and am working on my third cold process batch. Previously I have only used single fragrances per batch, but on the next one I want to use multiple fragrances (2-3).

Here is my question: If in the past I used around 0.7-1.0 ounces per pound, when I use multiple fragrances do I divide the sum of the fragrances into 0.7-1.0 ounces/pound, or do I use that much of each fragrance?

Ok. I will admit that probably is confusing, so I will simplify.

If in this next batch I want to use say...Patchouli and Bergamot, and I am going to be using equal parts of each, and I am going to use 1.0 ounce of fragrance per pound, would I use 0.5 ounce of Patchouli and 0.5 ounce of Bergamot? Or would I use 1.0 ounce of each? I find this tricky to logically sort out in my head. Any help would be much appreciated.

You would want the total to equal 1 oz ppo. So, yes, you would use .5 oz bergamot and .5 oz patchouli if you wanted to use 1 oz ppo.

Wow! That was quick, thank you! I suppose that makes sense but my mind could not make logical sense of it.

Latest posts

Back