Amber EO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindy

Soap Diva Queen
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This weekend I came across a store that sells Amber EO. Up until then I hadn't realized that Amber was an EO - I had always thought it was just a FO. They really didn't know where the EO comes from so I just finished doing some research (one of them had stated it came from Amber the fossil which totally didn't make sense). So for those of us who love this scent and want to know where it really comes from here is the info I found http://www.edenbotanicals.com/about_amber_oil.html & then Wikipedia on the Ambergis which is what amber comes from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambergris.

I just thought I would share the info in case anyone else is interested....

Cheers
Lindy

Thanks for the links Lindy! I also hadn't heard that amber was an eo - I did know about ambergris from sperm whales, but thought it was harvested from a dead whale - didn't know it was whale vomit! I guess honey is bee vomit so it's all good :lol: Isn't that interesting that Eden make amber essence and how they do it - I'd like to get me some of that for sure!

Tanya :)

oh yeah! Last year I got some of the amber resin from eden botanicals (they also provide a liquid amber mix to go with it to help reinforce the scent---I think the liquid has some fragrance oil in it.) Anyway, the resin is fantastic, but it doesn't necessarily smell like the amber FO you may be used to. All you need to do is finely chop some resin and dissolve it into one of your oils by gently heating, then use it to make soap or roll-on scent, etc. I used it to make an amber-patchouli soap. Yum.

Oohhh that sounds divine! The Amber EO I found this weekend smells quite a bit different from what I'm used to and yet I could recognize it - I would be using it quite diluted....

Latest posts

Back