Amazon changes prices ???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
Ok I admit, when I need/want something I look for the best price. Since I am thinking about a Embroider/sewing machine combo I have been looking on Ebay and Amazon as well as other places locally to find the best price.
What I have learned...

1) If you buy something on Ebay the warranty on the item may NOT be honored from the Manufacturer (I think depending on what you are buying) I didn't know that.
As with sewing machines, they have Sellers that manufacturers supply and only they can sell it. Therefor it can be denied a claim for that and also because you are not the 1st owner of the item. Even if new in box, Ebay sellers bought it from somewhere making the ebay seller the original owner .. Hmmmm

2) Amazon changes their prices weekly and even Daily !
I found this out because the machine I wanted was what I thought $369 but said $354 Monday then $347 Yesterday now $369 today.
Went to Camel Camel Camel for the first time and they have a chart price tracker. Wow they move that price around !!

So now I will be watching that all the time now. lol

I have also been looking at patterns. Some sites have a few free ones. But let me tell you what has irked me.
If the site loads SUPER SLOW I usually just right clock and open several tabs of the items I want to look at. That way they can load slow and not an issue...... I found a site (no free patterns) but it didn't allow you to do this AND snail slow to open a page... like a full minute to open and same if you hit the back button.
Nope, I don't care if you have good prices and I NOT ordering from you.
FYI, I have Fios GB connection ........ so there is no excuse on my end.

Ok I admit, when I need/want something I look for the best price. Since I am thinking about a Embroider/sewing machine combo I have been looking on Ebay and Amazon as well as other places locally to find the best price.
What I have learned...

1) If you buy something on Ebay the warranty on the item may NOT be honored from the Manufacturer (I think depending on what you are buying) I didn't know that.
As with sewing machines, they have Sellers that manufacturers supply and only they can sell it. Therefor it can be denied a claim for that and also because you are not the 1st owner of the item. Even if new in box, Ebay sellers bought it from somewhere making the ebay seller the original owner .. Hmmmm

I found this out because the machine I wanted was what I thought $369 but said $354 Monday then $347 Yesterday now $369 today.
Went to Camel Camel Camel for the first time and they have a chart price tracker. Wow they move that price around !!

I have also been looking at patterns. Some sites have a few free ones. But let me tell you what has irked me.
If the site loads SUPER SLOW I usually just right clock and open several tabs of the items I want to look at. That way they can load slow and not an issue...... I found a site (no free patterns) but it didn't allow you to do this AND snail slow to open a page... like a full minute to open and same if you hit the back button.
Nope, I don't care if you have good prices and I NOT ordering from you.
FYI, I have Fios GB connection ........ so there is no excuse on my end.
I just buy my patterns at Joann when they are on sale for $1. Some of the better machines can only be purchased new through the dealer. This is not a bad thing as that usually means you will get free lessons and free cleanings, etc. shop carefully!

Amazon changes their prices weekly and even Daily !
I always put what I want from amazon if I'm still price comparing in my cart and then click the "save for later" and check it every day. It will show if there's been a price change and then you will know if you found a better price.

What I have learned...

Amazon has always adjusted prices on items depending on the seller/market price. I always watch items if I'm not in a rush. I've seen prices adjust by 20-30 dollars on some items.

They do jump a bit. If you look at your wishlist it will keep showing price changes.

Amazon has gone up in general the past year or so with a lot of products :/

You might check Allbrands.com too. I bought my Janome 1600p there and my gracie quilting frame.
Their prices were good, and I think they threw in some freebies too.
As far as patterns go, there is another website I love that is all about discussing patterns; their fit, how to tweak them, whether they are worth your money or not, etc. It is patternreview.com
Happy to enable a fellow seamstress ;)

Janelle
Edited to add: There are also all kinds of embroidery design sites that have freebies. Ann the Gran is one I used to visit. Just google free embroidery designs and you should find some. :)

You might check Allbrands.com too. I bought my Janome 1600p there and my gracie quilting frame.
Their prices were good, and I think they threw in some freebies too.
As far as patterns go, there is another website I love that is all about discussing patterns; their fit, how to tweak them, whether they are worth your money or not, etc. It is patternreview.com
Happy to enable a fellow seamstress ;)

Janelle
Edited to add: There are also all kinds of embroidery design sites that have freebies. Ann the Gran is one I used to visit. Just google free embroidery designs and you should find some. :)
However, be very careful when getting free designs. Be sure to stitch them out first on a sample so you do not ruin your project. Not all digitizer are the same.

Latest posts

Back