Am I a scent HOARDER?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknRoll

Reaction score
LOL, so earlier I asked my boyfriend if I was a scent hoarder and he politely stood behind me and said... "Nope, your an INVESTER!" ha, bless his heart :razz:

Today I have made (so far) a Citrus Kitchen soap with baking soda and all essential oils of lime, listea, lemon and orange with ground orange peel for exfoliation. The local organic butcher in town keeps asking for a deodorizing kitchen soap. (evidently to get rid of the "death" smell lol) I have made this one in the past and I love it! I will post pics when I pull it out of the mold tomorrow. Enriched with shea butter and coconut milk~

P4040144.jpg

Thank you! Im sort of OCD about organizing everything. I love having things at my finger tips :thumbup: I plan to really crank out some soap so hopefully the demand will be there. I am fully stocked with oils and picked up a 50# bucket of food grade lye and the same with coconut and palm. Im lucky to have Bramble Berry in my state, the shipping is cheap!

That's all of them???? :eek: I'm embarrassed by my collection. Is there a FO hoarding wall of shame? Seriously, I need to clean out and have a virtual FO garage sale.

I love the containers you are using for the FO's. Where did you get them?

LOL, maybe this IS the FO hoarding wall of shame!!! I get my oils from Sweet cakes, Bramble berry and Wellington fragrance. They all ship in glass containers. Wellington has plastic for 8oz or larger.

Wow, that is an impressive collection... I have a lot of little bottles now and a few larger bottles, but I have the feeling I am going to go through things quickly... I love playing with nice scents!!

I have an outright addiction to scents! I started buying oils in 4-8 oz ranges once I found out what I and others liked. I try out new ones in 1 oz sizes. It's soo cheaper in the long run to buy in bulk but the problem is is not knowing what they smell like so you dot know if you will even like it.

I remember when i only had 3 scents too. I just slowly added to the collection. i plan on making a soap with tea tree in it next. I find it helps my eczema.

The only problem seems to be that I'm using them up as fast as I get them. I still have plenty of EOs though. Maybe spring gardening season will slow down the soaping and I can accumulate more. I rely on my hubbys good graces ;) He does love it though as he can give 'gifts' of soap, lol. He loves that people are impressed by soap :D

The only problem seems to be that I'm using them up as fast as I get them. I still have plenty of EOs though. Maybe spring gardening season will slow down the soaping and I can accumulate more. I rely on my hubbys good graces ;) He does love it though as he can give 'gifts' of soap, lol. He loves that people are impressed by soap :D
Be sure to let him know how much we appreciate his gifts of soap too!

It must be nice to have an area dedicated to soaping! I have to move things in and out of my kitchen as I soap. When it comes to FO's though...I think I need a support group. I love the 1 oz. bottles because that's how much I use in a batch...sometimes less if it's really strong. I started out buying FO's on etsy and ebay and then found out about the sale at Peak where I ordered 20 bottles. Then when they came in I was UTTERLY impressed so I ordered 30 more. In the meantime I got screwed over by an etsy seller for FO's I really needed so I had to find them somewhere else! I found all of them at SOS so I ordered 62 bottles! I'll have well over 100 bottles of FO by monday, LOL.

I don't know how many I have but I do know it's not enough...it's never enough. I have 3 or 4 coming tomorrow from NG and then an EO coming too.

It must be nice to have an area dedicated to soaping! I have to move things in and out of my kitchen as I soap. When it comes to FO's though...I think I need a support group. I love the 1 oz. bottles because that's how much I use in a batch...sometimes less if it's really strong. I started out buying FO's on etsy and ebay and then found out about the sale at Peak where I ordered 20 bottles. Then when they came in I was UTTERLY impressed so I ordered 30 more. In the meantime I got screwed over by an etsy seller for FO's I really needed so I had to find them somewhere else! I found all of them at SOS so I ordered 62 bottles! I'll have well over 100 bottles of FO by monday, LOL.
One can never have too many fragrances to chose from! I love having them all lined up where I can see them now. It's way more inspiring :) Have fun with your new scents! Show them off when yuou get your hoard!

Latest posts

Back