Am I a scent HOARDER?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok now I don't feel so bad! I just said to myself yesterday that I wanted to order some new fragrances or eo's but said I better use up what I have. When I started making soap I only did unscented....now slowly I'm falling in love with a few I found. It's like I keep trying to find that better fragrance or more natural scent...or something that's just different. Is this normal???

I LOVE your beautiful set up! Makes me want to re do my area. :)

I know that many people are driven by scent. Scent is closely tied in to memory and taste. I find it to be a fascinating sense and I am not surprised by the fact that people wish to cater to it, but those are just my thoughts on it :)

So since some of you have tried out/use many FOs.......what is your favorite PEACHY FO? My hubbys grandmother <3 peach anything. I would love to gift her some soap.

It must be nice to have an area dedicated to soaping! I have to move things in and out of my kitchen as I soap. When it comes to FO's though...I think I need a support group. I love the 1 oz. bottles because that's how much I use in a batch...sometimes less if it's really strong. I started out buying FO's on etsy and ebay and then found out about the sale at Peak where I ordered 20 bottles. Then when they came in I was UTTERLY impressed so I ordered 30 more. In the meantime I got screwed over by an etsy seller for FO's I really needed so I had to find them somewhere else! I found all of them at SOS so I ordered 62 bottles! I'll have well over 100 bottles of FO by monday, LOL.

I do my soaping on the washer/dryer :( I can either a.) pour the oils into the crock pot and have it melting them while I get everything ready, or b.) pour out the oils into a double boiler pot, take it upstairs to the kitchen, melt the oils, then come back downstairs and continue. Either way is a pain in the ass.

What's at the very top? Those four bottles seem special (based upon the layout).
You would think those were my favs but its the oposite because I cant reach that spot very well lol! Sweetcakes: secret garden, brown sugar, honey and rose :eh:

ok now I don't feel so bad! I just said to myself yesterday that I wanted to order some new fragrances or eo's but said I better use up what I have. When I started making soap I only did unscented....now slowly I'm falling in love with a few I found. It's like I keep trying to find that better fragrance or more natural scent...or something that's just different. Is this normal???

I LOVE your beautiful set up! Makes me want to re do my area. :)
I have to have a calm and dedicated place to work and brain storm. I find myself wanting to be back here where it's my little creative niche. I couldnt imagine making an unscented soap lol, actually I have made two out of requests but I just love adding scent and trying new ones and mixing to find my own custom blends!

So since some of you have tried out/use many FOs.......what is your favorite PEACHY FO? My hubbys grandmother <3 peach anything. I would love to gift her some soap.
The only peach FO I have is BB "Peach" its true to scent. However I was disappointed in the scent after using it in CP soap. Soooo, next time I will be blending it with ginger essense for a "ginger peach" they smell delightful together!

I do my soaping on the washer/dryer :( I can either a.) pour the oils into the crock pot and have it melting them while I get everything ready, or b.) pour out the oils into a double boiler pot, take it upstairs to the kitchen, melt the oils, then come back downstairs and continue. Either way is a pain in the ass.
Hey at least you are making soap regardless of your space issues, I commend you for that! I once had to have mine in an out building that I had to walk a long ways to get to. There was no running water, heater or sink! THAT was a pain in the ass :problem:

The only peach FO I have is BB "Peach" its true to scent. However I was disappointed in the scent after using it in CP soap. Soooo, next time I will be blending it with ginger essense for a "ginger peach" they smell delightful together!

Oh for sure those are good together! I make ginger/peach jam, and orange/ginger & fig jam. SO delish!

Anyways that darn WSP flash sale popped up in my email. :problem: And I did indulge. :D I will be extra sweet to the Mr.

Oh for sure those are good together! I make ginger/peach jam, and orange/ginger & fig jam. SO delish!

Anyways that darn WSP flash sale popped up in my email. :problem: And I did indulge. :D I will be extra sweet to the Mr.
Haha, I've been trying real hard not to click on that link! I dont think I could even find more room for another bottle.... :think:

Scent Works' White Peach is the absolute best real peach scent I've found that doesn't morph to a plastic-like smell or doesn't fade in CP. Plus, it's a dream to work with (no A or D)

I used this peach FO from BB and I love it! It's still just as strong as it smelled the day I made it. :) I love the lingering smell on my skin after my shower. I also thought about mixing it with another FO as well for fun! Love your scent area! I would LOVE to be a scent hoarder! :clap:

Maitri, I hear you about not having much space to work with to do your soaping. Most of mine is done on the stove in the kitchen. We do not have a lot of counter space and most of what we have is pretty cluttered, and then there is finding plugs... I have to keep switching out plugs to make soap. I first have my scale plugged in and then it gets switched out so that I can have my stick blender plugged in... oh, did I mention I have to unplug my toaster oven to plug in the scale? hehehe :)

Latest posts

Back