Aloe Vera

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattillsley

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at making a CP soap that includes Aloe Vera, but I am unsure just which version of the stuff I need to buy.

There seem to be lots of variations on a theme and I presume I need the pure gel, but I am not sure. Can anyone please enlighten me and recommend a reputable supplier?

I live in England, but if anyone points out a states-side supplier I can have a look at the precise product and then shop around here, safe in the knowledge that I know what I need.

Thanks,

M

I have used Aloe Vera juice like you buy for ingestion in the pharmacy section of Wal-Mart. I would just use it instead of water in my recipe. While it does give a different color and slight smell when I mix it, I wonder if any of the properties of the aloe make it through the saponification process/temps.

In the UK...try a health food store. They have tubes of 99.99% aloe vera gel, its a green cap with a white tube, picture of aloe vera on the front. I got mine there. Can't remember the store name but hte lettering was green and yellow (sorry, been out of the UK for 5 years now.)

Back