Almond Oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
So by accident I ordered almond oil instead of Sweet Almond oil. Has anyone ever used it in CP soap?

I agree. You can't buy almond essential oil without going through major bureaucratic hurdles because it is toxic. Chances are you have sweet almond oil.

I was curious about this too so I poked around a little. There are sweet almonds and bitter almonds. Sweet almonds are much richer in oils and this is what would most likely be used to make any product that isn't crazy expensive and comes in any container larger than a couple oz. Bitter almonds are used mostly for their fragrance (which apparently smells like maraschino cherries). Not sure but it may be an industry standard to assume when talking about oiling almonds that you would just always use sweet almonds. Anyway if it's just labeled Almond oil and smells nutty and earthy and isn't a bazzilion bucks it's likely to be sweet almond oil.

I purchased it from Columbus Foods and it was a Very large container. They sell both Almond and Sweet Almond oil and they are both listed as carrier oils.

You may have the cosmetic grade. Call Mike and ask - he's great at customer service.

Following thread. Was curious myself what the difference is on soapers choice between the two.

When I bought almond oil local it was not listed as sweet. So I would not worry about it. Since i have grown almonds not sure if the sweet is something they add to make it so or it might be tropical almond instead of the normal almond.

Latest posts

Back