Allergic to coconut

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PKO gives you the same bubbles plus, if you get the flakes from WSP, its easy to work with. Plus your bars will be hard (even harder than coconut or a butter) and I get a nice shiny smooth bar when I use PKO. And it's cheap.

PKO gives you the same bubbles plus, if you get the flakes from WSP, its easy to work with. Plus your bars will be hard (even harder than coconut or a butter) and I get a nice shiny smooth bar when I use PKO. And it's cheap.

All this and to me PKO is milder on the skin and you use less than Coconut Oil- at least I do in my recipe when I use it for a Coconut allergy customer.

I love PKO and Babassu for coconut substitutes too. Soaperschoice.com has really good prices on both.

A note about the babassu from SoapersChoice. If you get the 7-lb bottle, it's solid and you can't pour it.

Choices:
1.) Cut the top off the jug, cap with plastic wrap and scoop out as needed - messy storage and a pain!;
2.) Melt the jug in microwave or hot sink, and pour into buckets - easy peasy, no mess :)

I don't want to hijack, but could you use lard/tallow and OO, maybe with some castor and almond? If you didn't want to use Palm that is? And don't have access to another hard oil? I've never tried making one and it's just a thought.

@paillo do you notice a weird smell with your babassu? I don't know how to describe it but mine has a weird smell. Mine came from WSP and it has smelled since I bought it a month ago. Not sure if it is bad or just how it is.

I don't want to hijack, but could you use lard/tallow and OO, maybe with some castor and almond? If you didn't want to use Palm that is? And don't have access to another hard oil? I've never tried making one and it's just a thought.

Lard makes some of the best bars. Bubbles aren't as big as CO or PKO but adding some castor and also adding sugar to your lye water will help.

Latest posts

Back