All Natural Almond Oatmeal CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crockettnbecky

Reaction score
I have a customer who is requesting all natural Almond Oatmeal Soap. I found Nature's Flavors Organic Almond Fragrance but it is kind of pricey because of their $14.40 minimum s&h and they give a very broad range of use .25% to 4%. Has anyone ever used this? If yes, how much did you use?
Is it possible to use Almond Extract from the grocery store? If so, at what point would I add it to my cp soap?

Usually food extracts such as almond (vanilla, etc.) are alcohol based. I have a huge collection of them so I was hoping they could be used in soaping, too, but everything I've read says that the alcohol would not work in soap.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with a better explanation as to why.

Did they necessarily want an almond fragrance? Fragrance oils aren't natural in any case so it depends how 'natural' they want it. You could use essential oils for fragrance to make it more natural - but I don't think you can get an almond essential oil so you would need to choose something else.
For the soap itself you can use oat milk as your liquid (I make my own) and/or ground oat meal in the recipe. You could use a higher percentage of sweet almond oil in the recipe to satisfy the 'almond' requirement - as long as you have a good balance of all the other fatty acids you need.

Latest posts

Back