Aleppo Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What makes you believe it cured that long?
We used it for generations in our family; it works greatly as a shampoo bar, treats a lot of skin problems, we put it all the time among our clothes inside the closets, drawers and it's great for packed clothes to rebel moth, too.
We used it for washing hands, we love Aleppo soap.

I experianced exactly the opposite. My castile made with pomace was very hard and pure white within 24 hours. Castile made with EVOO is still soft and sticky after a week, it also a light yellowy green color. I used the same amount of water for both batches.

Smee, I'm very curious to see your laurel oil. Can you get a picture of a little bit in a white bowl once it arrives so we can see the color? I'm planning on getting some laurel oil after the holidays.

I have mine both kinds that have been curing for one year. I am describing the cured batches.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine both kinds that have been curing for one year. I am describing the cured batches.

Which type of olive oil gets the color closest to the real aleppo soap? virgin or pomance? In the videos on youtube where they make aleppo soap, the olive oil looks very green. Almost an Army green.

Which type of olive oil gets the color closest to the real aleppo soap? virgin or pomance? In the videos on youtube where they make aleppo soap, the olive oil looks very green. Almost an Army green.

The extra virgin.

Is there a brand you recommend to get the correct color?

I moved recently, I am not familiar with my new area yet, but I go usually to the authentic stores, Turkish, Indian, Middle Eastern and I ask about the best qualities of EVOO.
There was a gentleman who sells great quality; he said that he is from Palestine. I noticed that their quality and taste is very similar to the quality and taste of the OO from Aleppo city. I say search around your area, ask people, and travel to other cities you should be able to find. I hope this helps. I wish you good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back