Aleppo inspired soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The soap I made was 75 oo and 25 lbo. Laurel berry oil has about half of the bubbly Lauric fatty acid that coconut does, but almost no myristic, which co has. My soap is going on 3 years, and makes a few big initial bubbles, then the more coating or lotions, slick lather you describe.
This is super helpful and descriptive. Thanks!

This is super helpful and descriptive. Thanks!

Glad it was helpful - I could make a video. I love the history of Aleppo soap, and with the pandemic it has become my favorite hand washing soap - more gentle than my usually 15% co soap - but not by a huge amount, but a noticeable difference.

I was buying laurel berry oil for making Aleppo type soap from BeScented. But now it costs $40 (including shipping) for 1 lb. Anybody know any other sources?

I was buying laurel berry oil for making Aleppo type soap from BeScented. But now it costs $40 (including shipping) for 1 lb. Anybody know any other sources?
Wholesale Supplies Plus has it for $32.10 per pound, plus other price points. They also do free shipping with US Ground for purchases over... I think $50?
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/laurel-berry-oil.aspxETA: they aren't the fastest at shipping orders out, but they're one of my favorite suppliers for fragrances and B&B supplies.

Back