Advice On Shea/Aloe Please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very nice stuff. It is made of shea butter and aloe vera gel. Very soothing all by itself.

WSP

I love that website!! I can't wait to place my order. Some things I wanted don't come in until today. Has anyone looked at their BLOG? They have a business section that gives tips on all sorts of topics like finding / preparing for craft shows, pricing your products etc.
They also have recipes and tutorials on how to make things like layered soaps. You can have a hint about their best products because the staff tells you what their favorites are.
I want to try the Shea /Aloe butter too!! :D

Wow, glad to hear so many good reports on this. I mixed in some vanilla and ylang ylang eo's. Oh my goodness, it's wonderful and my test group went crazy over it. Hubby likes it, too. A real winner!

Really get it and try it, it's great. They only thing I found is that it doesn't work in lip balm well. It can seperate but that didn't happen, I just didn't like my balm texture with it in there too greasy or something. WSP has got some good stuff- for 50.00 total I got a ton of things that I needed it was outrageous. I like the reviews on the oils as well- they are usually right on.
Can go wrong with 6.95 shipping too!

I just received mine and I agree it is really nice. A little goes a long way! It is a tad oily but once it is rubbed in it is great. I used it and after 6 hours and washing my hands I could still feel it on my hands, really nice!! Hmm wonder if it would be hard to recreate heh.
Jeff

Brian-
Shealoe is different- The WSP butter is both butters of Shea and Aloe-
Shealoe has aloe juice- not sure if that is going to be the same texture wise.

The INCI for the WSP Shea/Aloe butter just says:

INCI Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.

Isn't that just Shea butter with whole leaf aloe juice?

Do not...I repeat..do not put this in a tin. It will rust, and in no time flat! I experimented with several containers when I first got 'shealoe'.
It makes a great cuticle cream!

I guess so my bad I thought earlier in this post someone had corrected me on that so never mind it is the same thing- all in all its good- I wonder if Shealoe is cheaper then- gotta check...

leansoapqueen said:
I guess so my bad I thought earlier in this post someone had corrected me on that so never mind it is the same thing- all in all its good- I wonder if Shealoe is cheaper then- gotta check...

You were right all along. It is shea butter and aloe vera juice/gel and nothing more. That is also why it is not working in your lipbalm which is normally anhydrous.

Question... So it is whipped Shea butter and Aloe gel? I bought some of the Aloe Juice at Sam's that Paul uses with soap and it has Aloe Gel as the main ingredient, but then water. Do you think it would work with the water mixed in or would you need straight Aloe Gel?
Thanks,
Jeff

My personal thinking is that it will separate if a emulsifier were not used. I feel it is aloe vera gel or powder added to the shea butter, even though WSP states "aloe vera juice." I'm getting 3 pounds from the source mentioned above. I am going to add 45% aloe vera juice to 55% shea butter tomorrow and whip it together as an experiment and let set for a few days to see what happens. If it does separate, I will heat up and add E-Way and a preservative. I am trying 5 ounces of shea butter to 4 ounces of my Sam's Aloe Vera Juice, the 55/45% that WSP states theirs is. I will post pictures and findings.... :wink:

Paul

ETA: I cut this exactly as it states at the WSP site about Shealoe Butter;

QUOTE:

This product is an amazing combination of Aloe Vera and Refined Shea Butter. Aloe has long been considered to be a premier product for moisturizing and healing the skin while Shea Butter is known for aiding dry skin. This product melts at skin temperature.

Product will demulsify (separate) if heated over 131ºF. Do not heat product over 131º F.

Origin: United States (Shea originates in Africa)
Extraction: Expeller Pressed, Refined, Deodorized
Suggested Use Level:

• Cold & Hot Process Soap: 3-5%
• Lip Products: 5-100%
• Lotions, Creams, Conditoners: 3-100%
• SAP VALUE: KOH 0.166/NaOH 0.120

$7.00 for 1 lb

$19.00 for 3 lb

$188.50 for 35 lb

Additional Product Information
INCI Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit (and) Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.

END QUOTE

Did you notice what I highlighted in bold? My thinking is it is shea butter with an emulsifier and aloe vera juice. I just don't see any listing for the E-Wax in the list of ingredients though. Test, test, test.....

Latest posts

Back