Advice On Shea/Aloe Please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SHEA/ALOE BUTTER

You do not have to melt the butter just add your fragrances and package in a container...

No heating is necessary. I do not think a large conpany like WholesalePlus would not list all the ingredients.

I was talking about making my own. Heating was mentioned since they mentioned separation and deemulsifying of the product. Deemulsifying means that it is emulsified.... :?

Paul

You mean I have been whippin' shea & cussin' all this time when I could have bought this delightful combo? Looks wonderful. I will have to give it a whirl!

Paul, can you emulsify a product through a process w/o using an emulsifying product like wax? Is there machines perhaps that could do this?

I know about emulsifiers both natural & non. I was wondering if it was possible to obtain emulsification w/o an emulsifier, possibly through technology.

You know Tab., I am getting some thick natural aloe vera gell, and in my experiment I will attempt to whip 55% by weight shea butter and 45% aloe vera gel. Perhaps they just add 100X's or 200X's dried aloe powder.
I'm going to try to find this out. There are other suppliers who sell it too. The product is probably made in Florida at a company who only sells to wholesalers. I talked to them several times, got some samples, but could not swing 200 pounds of a butter minimum order! They are on the East coast of Florida!

Paul

Butter

Hi guys. I'm a newbie and will be experimenting with butter as soon as I've mastered soaps. I'm assuming the Shea/Aloe butter will be used on your skin, like a moisturizer??. And when you say mix the butter with FO is this buy hand or with a blender.

Hi, Bevvy. I've been using it as a moisturizer, hand lotion. I mix in whatever essential oils I want. I have used both a mixer and by hand. I prefer just just whip it in by hand. Great stuff!

Back