Adventures in Baking - the Macaron Edition

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to create the perfect macaron. Well, I'm still not there but I'm really happy with my last batch. These are Triple Lemon Macarons. The shells are lightly flavoured with lemon; the filling is lemon buttercream and freshly made lemon curd.

Triple Lemon Macarons by Ev Skae, on Flickr

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look perfect to me! I love macaroons and those sound delicious. Good job!

fuzz-juzz

Reaction score
They look amazing!

I tried making them sooo many times and failed every time.

I made white choc mud cake yesterday. That I can't stuff up easily. :D

BattleGnome

Reaction score
My mud cake recipe is just layering chocolate pudding, cool whip, and crushed Oreos. Super simple and super addictive.

HowieRoll

Reaction score
I love watching The Great British Baking Show (and its American cousin), and whenever the M word is mentioned the tent seems to fill with fear, panic, and dread. My takeaway from that is macarons are HARD to master and I am impressed by your work and devotion - these look delicious!

fuzz-juzz

Reaction score

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love watching The Great British Baking Show (and its American cousin), and whenever the M word is mentioned the tent seems to fill with fear, panic, and dread. My takeaway from that is macarons are HARD to master and I am impressed by your work and devotion - these look delicious!
Thanks! It's not that they're hard, per se. There are only a few ingredients. They are, however, finicky. Even the weather can affect the outcome. I will say this, though. Even if they're not perfect, they still taste really decadent.