Adding FOs to aftershave?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackofallShaves

Reaction score
I have been adding FOs/NFOs/EOs directly to aftershaves thus far and the results seem to be ok thus far. My aftershaves do have some alcohol and little bit of olive oil in them.

One of the things I have been noticing is separation of the oils(olive + FO). Is it worth adding products like this EO/FO modifier from WSP?
https://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/products/fragrance-essential-oil-modifier.aspx
The description says "Use our FO & EO Modifier to solubilize fragrance oil into water based products", but most of the reviews are from people that make liquid soap bases/body sprays and want the final product to be clear. Clarity is not that important to me, I just want all the ingredients to mix well together (and if I need to remove olive oil from the formula, I can do that as long this FO modifier will help solubilize FO with the other ingredients)

Thanks for all your help as always!

Thanks for the suggestion, learned something new today!

Is this safe to apply to facial skin right after a shave? I ask because the Brambleberry website lists this as a no under "lip safe". I am guessing one might end up with some product on their lips during the process of applying an aftershave.

Anything containing chemicals can sting the lips. I think the warning was put in place so that the product would not be used in lip balms etc., which stay on the lips.

Latest posts

Back