Added the lye but forgot half the oil :O

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DelightSociety

Reaction score
Can it be saved?

I quickly measured out the remaining oil and poured it in and it traced just fine. But ooeerr did it damage my soap?

Here's a pick.

mar09c002.jpg

Chrissy knows her stuff - as long as you added the rest of the oils while still pourable it is fine. Did you run your recipe through a lye calculator to make sure your lye amount was okay first?

Beautiful soap and such a lovely colour. Gorgeous textured top. Please post cut pics too. Congratulations!!!

Tanya :)

What a relief. I had a mild panic attack but it was only a minute or two without the rest of the oils. And it's gelled perfectly too, I just had a peek.

It's baby rose scented by the way. It smells just like a rose garden...makes me wish I wasn't a black thumb.

That looks great. I can hardly wait for the cut pics. I LOVE pictures!!!!!!!!

I knew it would work because it's something I have done myself. There is that split second of "oh s*&t" and then the mad dash trying to get it sorted!!
You should see the soap I made on the weekend. It's odd.
I found some sparkly popsicle sticks, so I decided to make "ice cream soaps. I have some of those ice block moulds that you put the cordial in and then the sticks and then freeze them. Well I made my soap up as normal in a lovely light pink (think strawberry ice cream) shade. Poured into these moulds all the while having visions in my mind of pink popsicle soaps with sparkly sticks and a lovely bow around the bottom....anyway I think they overheated in the moulds because when I took them out it's like they have stalagnites and staligtites inside them. Bizarro.
Note to self, next time put them into the freezer to prevent gel.

Latest posts

Back