Actual baths

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As I flip through the forum first thing this morning, my sleepy thought is: just how many adults take actual baths, anyway? I see questions and recipes for bath salts, bath bombs, bath tea... And I know fancy colored spinning bombs are the thing, but I haven't taken a bath since my last pregnancy ("baby" Pax turns 13 next month!). I just don't have time or patience for a soak.

What about you? Bath vs shower? Do you know many bathers? If you sell, do people seem to be buying bath-specific items?

:tub::shower:

I take the occasional bath. I find water soothing so it’s definitely a production when I’m able to get the time. My cats like to drink from the large water dish, no matter how long I’ve been soaking. I’ve given up avoiding bathbombs or locking the cats out, if they didn’t like the flavor they wouldn’t drink it.

I do know one person who takes daily baths. She has 2 kids, 6 cats, and is a stay at home mom. I’ve never asked her opinion on showers but I wouldn’t doubt it if she needed the kind of alone time a bath gives

I had a wonderful old claw foot tub in my previous home and took a bath about 1-2x a month for 25 yrs. The only bath tub I have now is small and shallow. I may have taken 2-3 baths since I moved in 8 years ago. I doubt I would have used bath bombs in the past, but I might have tried tub tea in a bag. I was on a septic system and wouldn’t have wanted plant material going down the drain.

I takes baths, especially in the winter. I love a hot soak in the evening.

I hate bath bombs and teas, won't use either anymore. I do like salts and milk.

I don't even own a bath tub yet I make bath bombs lol. Used to have one but changed it to a nice shower when refurnishing my home.
However, I do love a feet soak every week or so so that's where I use my bath bombs and bath salt for. I've been considering to buy one od those foldable bath tub just so I can have bubble baths tho...

I don't even own a bath tub yet I make bath bombs lol. Used to have one but changed it to a nice shower when refurnishing my home.
However, I do love a feet soak every week or so so that's where I use my bath bombs and bath salt for. I've been considering to buy one od those foldable bath tub just so I can have bubble baths tho...
A good foot soak with bath salts in the water sounds like a great idea I never thought of :thumbs:

I take a bath maybe once a month or so, perhaps more often in the winter and less in the summer. I find it relaxing when I'm very tired and especially when I'm feeling cold.
My mom used to take a bath (probably still does) every day; it helped her calm down in the evening.
I don't usually use bath bombs but occasionally a bath melt or something like that can be nice.

Since I am usually in a hurry, I generally shower.
But I do love a bath when I feel a chill or when my back is hurting or when I need some "me" time.
And I do love using bath salts and bath bombs.

I have a ginormous tub in this house. J can float in it. Although I'm pretty small so can generally manage a bath anywhere. I love a good hot bath and try for one every night. It's my down time. I take a snack, a bourbon, and a book and I stay in at least an hour, often falling asleep. The weird thing is I don't use bath bombs.or anything. I drop a squirt of shampoo in the running water and that's it. Although sometimes I'll tip a few litres of fresh goat milk in

I have not bathed in years although I do have one in the bathroom but it just gets dusted only!!!! I LOVE my big walk in shower and cannot imagine sitting in bathwater anymore. Not so user friendly in older life with stiffer joint, its the getting out!!!!

Even though we have a rather smallish tub, I love my baths. There was a time when the kids were home that I'd have a bath every night; it was my down time after they were all in bed. Now, I have a bath at least once a week.

As far as my customers go, I have quite a few who have told me they don't even have tubs. Even so, bubble scoops (solid bubble bath) are my best seller.

Maybe it's my tub, then... I'm a little too tall for my tub and the water doesn't get deep enough for comfort. My legs stay nice and warm while the rest of me shivers. And I get bored. And I feel like I need a shower after. The more I think about it, the more it seems that it's not the tub's fault at all, but just me!

I love a good bubble bath, but I do run the shower for a minute at the end for a rinse.

Neither my wife or I take baths, I think the last time I did so was over 40 years ago. My mother however took a bath pretty much every day of her life until she died at 86.

Our current house has the ubiquitous "garden tub" found in pretty much every house built in this area over the last few decades. We've never used it as a bath, but it makes an excellent litter box holder. I've just started looking for a contractor to rip it and the dinky prefab shower out and have a walk in tiled shower built.

However, I do love a feet soak every week or so so that's where I use my bath bombs and bath salt for.
Once, I made Foot Fizzies for this purpose - basically small bath fizzies with a tiny bit more oil for extra moisturizing. They didn't sell well, but we had fun using them at home with our own mini-spas.

I'm a shower girl. I think the last time I took a bath was maybe 25 years ago or something. Although baths were fun when I was little, since I've been an adult I've never found a bath comfortable enough to relax in. They're just not shaped right for me or something.

When I was growing up in the '60's and '70's, all we had were baths. We literally did not have a shower in any of the houses we lived in (they were older homes in Massachusetts). I think I was 11 when I finally took my first shower ever. It was awesome!

IrishLass :)

I'm a shower girl. I think the last time I took a bath was maybe 25 years ago or something. Although baths were fun when I was little, since I've been an adult I've never found a bath comfortable enough to relax in. They're just not shaped right for me or something.

When I was growing up in the '60's and '70's, all we had were baths. We literally did not have a shower in any of the houses we lived in (they were older homes in Massachusetts). I think I was 11 when I finally took my first shower ever. It was awesome!

IrishLass :)

It was about 25 years ago for me also the last time I took a bath, better for kids.
Ahhhh Massachusetts, fond memories of staying in a cottage there once upon a time while taking a break in a work period in NY, soooo lovely and it snowed while there. I think we took a shower then too!!!

Another shower girl here. I will only take a bath if I'm somewhere that it's the only option and I can't stand myself anymore.
I grew up in the 60's with 4 siblings. My parents were totally old school ... grew up on farms etc. We bathed the old fashioned way as kids ... tub gets filled, oldest gets in and baths, gets out, next in line baths, dry's off, next in line ... yuck yuck yuck!! Once allowed to shower, I never bathed again and never ever want to unless forced. :)

Edit: I should have clarified: next in line meant same tub, same dirty water. Only the oldest got clean tub and clean water. :(

Shower here (3 mins), no baths, we are on water restrictions, plus the cost of water has just gone up.

They were talking about bath bombs last week, on TV and they all said they don't want to clean the tub because of the mess that is left so they don't use them.

Latest posts

Back