Actual baths

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually only have a bath when I don't feel great and will put in whatever bubbles are around. I've only made one batch of bathbombs and I must've used the kind of colour that sticks to everything, so it was an ungody mess when I got out. Even when not using bathbombs, there's no better way to kill the relaxation of a bath than having to clean it out afterwards!
That being said, my youngest son (10) is in the tub right now. For years, a bath was the most effective way to calm his meltdowns and also get some food into him (hungry often causing the meltdowns). When he was little, we'd put him in the laundry tub which was just off the kitchen (but also directly in front of a window looking out to the sidewalk!) and line up his snacks on the edge of the tub. Eventually, the ratio of wailing to calm splashing would improve, but we could have an entire dinner while he was in there (including cooking and cleaning up!).

As I flip through the forum first thing this morning, my sleepy thought is: just how many adults take actual baths, anyway? I see questions and recipes for bath salts, bath bombs, bath tea... And I know fancy colored spinning bombs are the thing, but I haven't taken a bath since my last pregnancy ("baby" Pax turns 13 next month!). I just don't have time or patience for a soak.

What about you? Bath vs shower? Do you know many bathers? If you sell, do people seem to be buying bath-specific items?

:tub::shower:

I make it a point to take a good two hour bath at least once a month. I tuck my Kindle in a ziplock bag, grab a large ice tea and light a couple of candles. I like a nice bath salt...lightly scent...something soothing, relaxing and refreshing. Then it’s a pair of my favorite jammies...flannel in the winter, cotton in the summer.

I am a devoted bath girl, devoted. I take a hot bath every night before I go to bed. It is part of my ritual to get a good night's sleep. I take my Kindle or my current book and soak for at least 20 minutes. I don't like bath bombs or anything that greases up my tub. I often use dead sea salts or epsom salts. If I am really tired, I will fall asleep for a few minutes when I lay back. Can you tell I love a bath? LOL When we renovated my bathroom, I picked out my new tub by laying in it at the plumbing fixture store. People looked at me weirdly, but I found the perfect tub to lay back in. AHHHH! My dry skin does not like a hot shower as it dries my skin out even further. There have been studies that have found that as your body temp drops after a hot bath, you become more sleepy and fall asleep faster. It is certainly true for me.

I'm a soaker, love the tub!

I got into CP soap because my friends who shower complained about the short lifespan of my M&p soaps. In the tub, that wasn't an issue.

I tried to make bath bombs, but couldn't give them away because most people I know shower.

I just took a quick poll from friends and relatives

20% bath. And 80% shower.

I'm not a bath person (we have a small one in our house for my son, but designed our Master Bath with a large, walk-in shower - loooove!), but a hottub... now that's a different story!

We don't have a tub here at home so the last I had a bath was in dad's house when I was working overseas so about 3yrs ago? So I had baths about once a week for about 8yrs there.. Maybe 2-4 times in a hotel before that for about 15yrs here.. And probably loads more as a kid before then, over there when we were all abroad lol.

If I had one here I'd probably soak in it, like I used to, with a good book for hours... If I ever get the time that is lol. When I used to fall asleep n drop the books in I switched to reading on my phone, which I made sure was s waterproof one before buying. That way, when I plops into the bath I'll wake up and it'll still be fine haha

I've never tried a bath bomb, just bath salts. Been meaning to make myself shower steamers to see what it's like.

Back