Acne Soap- Overkill?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kittywings

Reaction score
So... I'm planning on making some acne soap and I'd like to use tomato, bentonite and/or white kaolin clay, charcoal, & tea tree oil (maybe lavender too)... do you think all of this in one bar is too much? My instincts say I should do two different ones: maybe one with tomato and clay and one with the tea tree, charcoal, lavender (?), maybe some clay in this one too...

Thoughts?

:lol: who are you asking? I made one with tomato, carrots, kaolin, aloe, silk, calendula, with lavender and geranium EO. Works really really well; my face has cleaned up since I started to use it.
Do make sure you don't use any pore clogging oils when your sensitive to it.
http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

I made one with tomato, tea tree, and lavender, but balanced that out with buttermilk, honey, and oatmeal. It's a lovely bar, and kept my face clear all summer. Now that drier weather is upon us, I use straight goat's milk soap.

LOL, I guess it's because I see the tomato soap as having a tomato scent (with a fo, of course), thus "not being able" to use the tea tree... of course, where's the law that says I can't make a SEPARATE tomato soap... I guess I'll have to play this week.

Please let us know how this goes, I too am interested on the results:)

according to that site coconut oil clogs pores? does that mean for acne soap you shouldn't use any?

That chart can aid you into finding a good recipe for yourself; but I guess one person is more sensitive to it than the other. My skin likes coconut.

Latest posts

Back