Ack! Sink!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cally

Reaction score
I was making a new batch of soap and the bucket I was mixing in broke and slipped from my hand, pouring a good chunk of batter down the sink. Any help on what to do? Lots of hot water, run the sink for a long time? I've no idea what to do, I really don't want to mess up the pipes.

I would think lots of hot water, maybe even boil some and pout that down the drains too.

Yes, lots of hot water, and if you want to be really safe, dissolve a little bit of lye in cold water and send it down.

Yes, lots of hot water, and if you want to be really safe, dissolve a little bit of lye in cold water and send it down.

I would think that more lye may just accelerate the saponification. A ton of water would probably be better.

Well, I was thinking that having oil clumps in the pipes is harder to deal with than having clumps of soap in the pipes. But, lot of hot water immediately is probably the most important thing.

Latest posts

Back