A wonderful try of Making bath bombs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapbar

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone in this forum who helped me and others with a huge knowledge , the ones who shared their recipes and experience . These are some of my bath bombs that I made and I hope yoy like them☺️

Attachments

• 25E7B170-8073-4B80-8A54-D85C66F1A630.jpeg
    25E7B170-8073-4B80-8A54-D85C66F1A630.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 7814A4B3-40F2-4559-A173-20DEB0C21815.jpeg
    7814A4B3-40F2-4559-A173-20DEB0C21815.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 10
Very bright and colorful. What kind of recipe did you use? Any additive beyond the baking soda and citric acid? I recently made some bath bombs with menthol (at my partners insistence), Epsom salt, and kaolin clay, plus the fragrances. We've only tried one but it was nice! And thankfully despite the intoxicated making experience, we didn't overdo the menthol. :D

Also that experience is where I learned that red + blue = green... if you use the wrong red FD&C dye. >_>

Very bright and colorful. What kind of recipe did you use? Any additive beyond the baking soda and citric acid? I recently made some bath bombs with menthol (at my partners insistence), Epsom salt, and kaolin clay, plus the fragrances. We've only tried one but it was nice! And thankfully despite the intoxicated making experience, we didn't overdo the menthol. :D

Also that experience is where I learned that red + blue = green... if you use the wrong red FD&C dye. >_>

My recipe is
600 gm Sodiumbicarbonite
300 gm Sitric acid
100 gm Epsom salt
20 gm Caolin clay
30 gm SLSA or SLS

For the liquids I used:
5 gm Polysorbate 80
10 gm Almond oil
15 gm FO

15 gm Alcohol spray (Ethyl) 99%

Last edited:
I'm just a beginner with bath bombs so I am looking for recipes, examples and need to say you are on my list to fallow. It looks so amazing! I hope that you don't mind that I will save your recipe. Well done with your bath bombs!

I'm just a beginner with bath bombs so I am looking for recipes, examples and need to say you are on my list to fallow. It looks so amazing! I hope that you don't mind that I will save your recipe. Well done with your bath bombs!

Never mind the recipe is on the internet it's not mine. I'm disappointed as the bath bombs starts to produce white watery spots on top and all of them broken I don't know what is the reason. Next time I'm going to let them in a plastic mold for three days and see. I guess it is the humidity that caused spots or little interaction of the bath bombs.

Never mind the recipe is on the internet it's not mine. I'm disappointed as the bath bombs starts to produce white watery spots on top and all of them broken I don't know what is the reason. Next time I'm going to let them in a plastic mold for three days and see. I guess it is the humidity that caused spots or little interaction of the bath bombs.
Did you wrap them after they were hardened? That is quite necessary if you live in a humid climate.

I don’t sell my products, so my wrapping is very basic: wrap the bath bombs in cling wrap (like one would use to cover a bowl of food in the fridge), then use a hair dryer or heat gun to shrink the wrap nice and tight around the bath bombs.

There are good YT videos that show how to do this; just search for “homemade shrink wrap.” You can also put them in a tightly-sealed container or plastic bag, but I find that not as effective since air is till in contact with the bath bomb.

I don’t sell my products, so my wrapping is very basic: wrap the bath bombs in cling wrap (like one would use to cover a bowl of food in the fridge), then use a hair dryer or heat gun to shrink the wrap nice and tight around the bath bombs.

There are good YT videos that show how to do this; just search for “homemade shrink wrap.” You can also put them in a tightly-sealed container or plastic bag, but I find that not as effective since air is till in contact with the bath bomb.
I am very thankful for you for the informative reply. I have a question which is do you wrap the bath bombs immediately after getting them out of mold? Excuse me for my questions 😗

I am very thankful for you for the informative reply. I have a question which is do you wrap the bath bombs immediately after getting them out of mold? Excuse me for my questions 😗
No need to apologize for questions - we are here to help one another. :)

You want them to be as dry as possible before wrapping. You might need to put them near a fan or dehumidifier to help with that.

I wrap my bath bombs as soon as they feel dry and hard, which can be anywhere from 24-48 hours after making them, depending on the warmth and humidity of the house.

You sure achieved some bright colors! 😍 I live in a pretty humid climate, but I still like to wait about 2 days before wrapping my bombs as well...and I'll often get the window treatment kits at the end of the season when they mark them down, because they will shrink right up when you hit them with a blow dryer. :)

Latest posts

Back