A lotion bar from a bee shaped mold coming to life via AI using Text-to-Video

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All, I am a tech junkie and keep up on the latest in AI. AI is both fascinating by its potential to help humanity, but also terrifying by its potential to ruin humanity. I won't dive further into the machinations of AI here, but I did want to post a 15 second video that I made using AI. It's of a lotion bar that I made using a bee shaped mold. I told the AI that I wanted the bee to come to life. We are at the infancy of text-to-video and the current limitation is creating 3 second snippets. In this case I was able to add 3 second snippets until I had a total of 15 seconds (the longest video one can create at this time). It may seem crude and incomplete, and it is, but all it required of me was a picture and a description, nothing more. I did this by going to the Pika.art website. Pika is a relatively new startup in the AI world and I don't think they've even been around a year yet!

This is a soap forum, not an AI forum but thought I'd post it here under General Chat since my little video came from a picture of a lotion bar that I made. Have a great day everyone and Happy Soaping!!!

Attachments

• the_bee_in_the_bars_of_soap_is_coming_alive_seed8336967812704440.mp4
    2.3 MB
Hi All, I am a tech junkie and keep up on the latest in AI. AI is both fascinating by its potential to help humanity, but also terrifying by its potential to ruin humanity. I won't dive further into the machinations of AI here, but I did want to post a 15 second video that I made using AI. It's of a lotion bar that I made using a bee shaped mold. I told the AI that I wanted the bee to come to life. We are at the infancy of text-to-video and the current limitation is creating 3 second snippets. In this case I was able to add 3 second snippets until I had a total of 15 seconds (the longest video one can create at this time). It may seem crude and incomplete, and it is, but all it required of me was a picture and a description, nothing more. I did this by going to the Pika.art website. Pika is a relatively new startup in the AI world and I don't think they've even been around a year yet!

This is a soap forum, not an AI forum but thought I'd post it here under General Chat since my little video came from a picture of a lotion bar that I made. Have a great day everyone and Happy Soaping!!!
I'm fascinated with AI and that is awesome! Like you, I can see a lot of potential and danger but, as a tool, it's amazing. I love the video, simple as it might be.

That is so far above what I expected, WOW!

@Feelin' Soapy I hear you. I wish that I could make it longer but am limited to a total of 15 seconds. I would continue it and make a soap story out of it somehow! I admit to re-watching a few times as it just seems so incredible to me that AI can create such a thing!
Walt Disney: Lotion in Motion presents The Magical Bee 🐝🐝🐝

That is amazing. I am so conflicted about AI. Such great potential for good or bad.
I find AI amazing and able to do many things but I think we are playing a dangerous game. It should be made illegal. Humans make alot of foolish mistakes and choices and I think this one will bite us in the behind like no other. Yes, it's cool like I said in my previous post, but is it worth the danger this poses? I don't think so. There are any jobs that will go the way of the dodo with this. And AI has a huge potential to cause serious damage to the human race if it decides it's alive.

I don't think it's really a conflict to say so.

Latest posts

Back