A everything went wrong soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanguine

Reaction score
A soap that proves that planning ahead for soap making just doesn't work:

foto.JPG by Ileandra, on Flickr

From the moment the oil and the lye was incorporated there were a lot of blobs, both my colors morphed and because of the blobby texture I couldn't get the air out the mixture. There are so many air pockets in the soap that I think it will start breathing soon :p. But I'm a big fan of the scent, FO Voodoo Love.

Thanks for watching ^^,

I really like how it looks - like a slab of marble :) I know that may not be what you were aiming for, but still if that's an 'everything went wrong' soap - well, you should see some of mine :lol:

Looks great to me. Just don't tell the recipients what you were aiming for and they will love it! Honestly. :)

I love the colors, reminds me of vintage tshirts, faded but comfy

A big thank you to all of you, makes me a bit more confident :)
I think I could like it without the air bubbles...
I never made a soap that came out exactly the way I had in mind before making it (which I think is probably common to soapmaking).
Curious how it will feel with 75 conditioning (soapcalc) and 8% superfat.
Is it possible to not let your soap gel with a wooden mold?

BlueValkyrie said:
I really like how it looks - like a slab of marble :) I know that may not be what you were aiming for, but still if that's an 'everything went wrong' soap - well, you should see some of mine :lol:

I second that! :D

Sanguine said:
Is it possible to not let your soap gel with a wooden mold?

You could set the mold in the frig or freezer to make sure it's cold before pouring your soap. Then place it back in the frig to prevent gel. It might work as long as your FO doesn't heat it up or something else effect it. Then you might get partial gel.

Still looks good I soap in wooden log molds and for a very long time never gelled just put my molds in my very cold fridge prior to soaping and back in as soon as soap was made................this was room temp soaping temps too but I must say there are some oils that will heat up regardless of what we do

Thanks for the advice!
Doesn't the fridge, and the food that's in it, take over the scent of the soap?

I haven't had a problem with food absorbing the scent from the soap. But all the food is in containers and I cover the soap with plastic wrap. I also don't have food in plastic containers sitting next to the soap.

Latest posts

Back