A 'Delicate' Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OP, your friend might just be too sensitive to lemongrass EO. It's know irritant.
Same applies to other EOs.
As a female I never had issues with my soap. I scent and colour them reasonably, but never had issues.
Not here to judge, but "water only"? Does it work? What happens at those times of the month? Does "water only" really cut it then? Sorry if TMI. :)
Vagina is a self-cleaning but outside, actual vulva plus other bits on the outside, perfectly safe to clean briefly with soap. Douching and soaping actual inside (vagina) is not a great thing to do though.

Soap "adult toy" came to mind when I saw this. As if! Oh my gosh! Who DOES that?? Rhetorical question, peeps. Rhetorical question!!

DYING.

The forums I participate on happen to be mostly female, so lady part stuff does come up on occasions. I wonder if man part stuff comes up on mostly-man forums.

Like are there threads on hunting forums about men feeling not-so-fresh 'down there'?

Between TEG's "YLBMV your lady bits may vary" and this, I just spewed coffee.

This thread is getting hilarious.

Like are there threads on hunting forums about men feeling not-so-fresh 'down there'?
I think you would be amazed at how prudish men get anytime there's talk about their twig and berries. It's too bad because we also avoid serious discussions about men's health which we NEED to know/discuss.

So, no discussions about feeling not so fresh. I do have a funny story about how much the travel size FDS looks like Binaca .... some other time perhaps.

I think you would be amazed at how prudish men get anytime there's talk about their twig and berries. It's too bad because we also avoid serious discussions about men's health which we NEED to know/discuss.

So, no discussions about feeling not so fresh. I do have a funny story about how much the travel size FDS looks like Binaca .... some other time perhaps.
Now I am snorting the coffee through my nose.
I agree men hate to discuss their " twig and berries" :razz: but they do have problems similar to ours.
When ladies are sexually active they do have a lot of small abrasions, so the soap must be very low on cleansing and do not go vigorously with washing. Just a bit of outside :)
I love the topic too, it is awesome. I do not see the reason not to talk about everything. :)

Yeah, even in predominantly gay male online forums this is true. Talks about HIV status, prostate checkups, proper prep for... extracurricular activities, and even preferences for certain said activities are rare.

As for that story Lee... I can't wait. :D

Soap "adult toy" came to mind when I saw this. As if! Oh my gosh! Who DOES that?? Rhetorical question, peeps. Rhetorical question!!

So one time on YouTube, I was searching for soaping videos. Someone had one titled "I Made A Soap Dong". I was curious. It was literally shaped like an adult toy and they just had it on the counter. Watch the video. It makes you just laugh and wonder if they keep this thing out when guests come over. It would probably be a hit with the gay community. I can see so many of my gay friends wanting one just for the novelty.

So one time on YouTube, I was searching for soaping videos. Someone had one titled "I Made A Soap Dong". I was curious. It was literally shaped like an adult toy and they just had it on the counter. Watch the video. It makes you just laugh and wonder if they keep this thing out when guests come over. It would probably be a hit with the gay community. I can see so many of my gay friends wanting one just for the novelty.

Too funny!

I'm also spitting my coffee. You guys are awesome.

I had also searched and searched for the answers before I posted, but couldn't find them. So, really, I guess, time for a new thread?

I just still feel noob and a bit blushy to be the one to put it out there, but, you know, hey, I needed to know, & ya'll are THE BEST to get answers from. It's actually really hard to embarrass me but this kind of did it. I did it anyway. I was concerned for the girl and that overrode anything else.

First I want to say I'm totally, totally grateful for all the differing posts! I do feel MUCH better. Thank you all so very, very much!

My own fella suggested that 'maybe she got all crazy with it'. I snorted at him (because it happens to me) and then he proceeded to tell me that soap can sting men if they accidentally get all crazy and I was like--stop! LOL.

So TEG put it in a nice nutshell-- YLBMV. which brings me to part #2: How would you explain to someone you don't really know about this? My daughter's boyfriend's friend came over with him a week or so ago and they visited the racks. He fell in love with my Cherry Almond, and wants to take a couple of bars to his Mom. I said that would be fine once they were cured.

Now I'm concerned about YLBMV and how to address that with Son and how he might warn Mom. Yeesh. Is it even okay to be gifting it to someone like that or should I tell them no? What if they have a guest that uses it in the shower? What, if anything, do you address about that? Has anyone had anyone come back to tell them there was an actual allergic reaction? Now I'm starting to envision worst-case scenarios, and how to possibly head them off, but how would would one do that without scaring people? Especially this poor Son, in this instance, I mean, what a subject--the Safety of Mom's Kooka!:silent:

And @LBussy--You keep reading. No sympathy. :razz:

If people have used real soap, then I would expect they may already know everyone's skin (and other parts) behaves differently. I'd just say that "in case she doesn't like it take one of these too" and see how that goes.

A warning about almond. It is a VERY popular shaving soap scent. Because of that I've seen a lot of people who are sensitive to it. Granted we are scraping our faces with instruments of destruction but it could happen with bar soap.

See, it never happened before with store-bought soap, at least to me. So I am liking the alkilinity theory of the basic higher Ph of handmade soaps in general for some of us, that use soap there.

Thank you also for the tip on almond. I have been reading your shaving thread. I will make some one day for my fellow. It's going to be a bit yet, as the jewelry business is taking up my time now and I have had to slow way down on being a soaping experimenter for a bit (I opened a local booth finally), but I am really excited to get to it. I am still just in the process of reading, re-reading, note-taking and learning before I try it.

Hi-jacking my own thread here too-- does anyone besides me think Lavender EO smells Just Like colgate shaving cream?

Should we just put a 'YLBMV' disclaimer label on soaps? :p

I'm sitting here laughing, thinking, "That which is seen cannot be unseen." I've never heard the vajayay referred to as a "kooka" before. So now I'm wondering about all of the Aussies and their poor kookaburras. That which is seen...

This thread is cracking me up. Men really are much more shy than women - I think having kids pretty much rules out prudishness for women.

I was a "teaching case" when I had my youngest. With so many people parading through my room and taking a look at a footling breech presentation over three days, I'm pretty sure most of the medical center in Houston could make a positive identification of me - without ever seeing my face.

Last edited:
This thread is cracking me up. Men really are much more shy than women - I think having kids pretty much rules out prudishness for women.
I remember when my daughter was being delivered. So many people came in to "check her dilation" that I'm pretty sure the janitors felt her up too. At some point she lost all modesty and left the covers off and knees up to save time.

Yeah, women just don't get the chance to be shy about some stuff. And nurses, not at all.
You ain't kidding. I work with a lot of medical folks, especially nurses (I work at Cerner). There's nothing quite as disgusting as when they start swapping war stories.

Now I'm concerned about YLBMV and how to address that with Son and how he might warn Mom. Yeesh. Is it even okay to be gifting it to someone like that or should I tell them no? What if they have a guest that uses it in the shower? What, if anything, do you address about that? Has anyone had anyone come back to tell them there was an actual allergic reaction? Now I'm starting to envision worst-case scenarios, and how to possibly head them off, but how would would one do that without scaring people? Especially this poor Son, in this instance, I mean, what a subject--the Safety of Mom's Kooka!:silent:

And @LBussy--You keep reading. No sympathy. :razz:

I go with a generic - "Some people can find some fragrances irritate their skin. So wash your hands with it first before trying it on other body parts." I think that, generally, we know whether or not we have sensitive lady bits and we know if we've been "getting all crazy". Kinda like I've learned which products not to use on my armpits right after I wax.

A solution in search of a problem:

Capture.jpg

As a nurse, nothing grosses me out. Bodily fluids and bits are part of my job and daily coversation. :)

I guess we are all different, for some just water will work, but for some soap is necessary. Different bodues, dufferent chemicals, different bidy odours.

Oh just to mention, poo is fatty to some degree so good soap is needed to clean rear end. Don't tell me you only use water only there too. :D

Common it's serious stuff!
Just putting it out there as bugs can migrate to lady bits because of the close proximity and bam UTI.
You'll pick up more bugs using carpet.

;)

Back