A CreamSoap Attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanguine

Reaction score
Creamsoap, I just had to try it out.
I bought the creamsoap book and joined the yahoo group and tried out a recipe. I began yesterday, not sure if I will try it again...

foto.JPG by Ileandra, on Flickr
here's the soap in the slowcooker, added the lye and it became caramel texture like pretty fast. I cooked it till there was no zap, but my mixture wasn't as rockhard as the one I see in the pictures of other creamsoapmakers. So I just put it in a bowl and let it set for today.
I woke up today and the mixture was rock hard :shock: (it wouldn't be out of place in a log mold ready to be cut into bars....) so I started cutting it in smaller pieces and with a handmixer I tried to get it more cream-like, yeah right, that wasn't gonna happen in the first 30 minutes... A lot of mixing, an exhausted handmixer and a lot of water later I'm left with more the 4 liters of creamsoap x'D

After an hour of slicing, mixing and a kitchen where there's soap everywhere this is the result, don't think it's that bad.

Maybe I need more research, I don't know. I think I like 'normal' slices of soap more (I just got used to them after using years of liquid surfactant based soaps). I don't know and I'm not sure but I think some thinks went wrong (I should have filmed it ^^,) .the mixture doesn't really feel nice on the skin (not irritating or anything, just not nice. A few weeks of riping will probably help)
All this sure was an adventure!

Thank you for watching!

Looks good! I've heard it takes several weeks to months for cream soap to cure. I think it's called "rotting" but I won't swear it's the correct term. It doesn't sound nice. :lol:

Thanks for sharing the pics and I'd love to hear how you like in a few weeks.

Yes, it's called rotting. During this time, it will relax quite a bit, so adding too much liquid the day after might make the end product too thin. It can be whipped up again during and after the rot though, so it should be okay as long as too much liquid wasn't incorporated too early.

I have been messing with cream soap all weekend, and mine looks NOTHING like yours. Im jealous! Yours looks so pretty and fluffy!!

Jaime

Thank you!
Now I'm wondering if I should have waited a while ( weeks, months? ) before I whipped it now that I know that it takes time to settle. I just followed the recipe, which said that it's whipped the day after but the texture of my soap the day after, before whipped makes me wonder

Latest posts

Back